Script or hook loading speed.

So, im messing around with my site to try make it load faster, and i noticed when i use the direct link to a language selection vs having the language hook i use find it, the load speed decreases significant..

Im using this code for language redirect

(look picture as this community is broken with post code!)

And it works fine, but look at included screenshot from GTMatrix (i did this many times to make sure), the load time for this one thing is crazy.

Anyone know a trick or fix to speed this up?

Thanks 🙂

languageselect.JPG

languageredirectphp.JPG

Edited by inTempo
code

The reason why it loads slowly is that ClientAreaPage triggers when WHMCS has already initialized most classes and functions. That's why for example the $vars is not empty and can be used in the hook.

In essence when you use header location inside ClientAreaPage, you are effectively loading two pages at once. The one where the user lands and the target of your redirect.

You don't notice the first load just because there's no output but WHMCS has already autoloaded a ton of classes.

With .htaccess you avoid the redirect bottleneck.