Managed Services And How To Bill In WHMCS

Sharek

Good Morning,

My hope is that maybe someone can give me some insight on how you may have done similar. I am a small company currently branching out into offering some managed services. Remote monitoring of servers, workstations and networks. Offering support for these devices as well as a few other services. Since many of the clients we will be doing this for are also our web hosting clients, I want to stay with WHMCS to do the billing for everything. 

My though was to just create products or services in the "Other" type. Create a few groups such as "Remote Managed". In that group create a product for each type of remote such as Server, Firewall Workstation etc. I was thinking of doing it this way since we aren't planning on offering a flat fee and it is based more on per device. Servers for example may be priced at $100 monthly while Workstations might be $25 monthly. In the future should devices be added or subtracted from the network they can easily be added in the billing. I also wasn't planning on making these products visible on the front end since most require contracts.

Is this how most conduct it or is there a better way. While my software used for managing these services does offer built in billing I really don't want to confuse the clients with getting bills from multiple systems and it will allow me to build in the hosting as part of the package.

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...