allow_url_fopen 2021 edition (shared hosting)

I see this topic was extensively discussed in 2017:

In that post a lot of tug of war between best practices, shared hosting security etc.

I'm not interested in any preachings about security.

1. I have a shared server based on WHM/cPanel. I will be hosting my WHMCS on this shared server. In fact it's running there already.

2. Am I missing something or is the WHMCS documentation making it very clear that one can just add `allow_url_fopen` quite easily to any shared site?

image.png.5ee1c6f4202da11629e8771ea0bed908.pnghttps://docs.whmcs.com/PHP_Upgrade_Guide

3. If it's not easy,  that steps are missing in the above guide? Other people who have tried to document doing this for a single site  appears to go at great length fiddling and copying INI's across etc. Is this setting a mamoth task on a shared server? https://domainregister.international/index.php/knowledgebase/297/How-to-enable-allow_url_fopen-for-a-single-site-in-cPanel.html

4. When following the WHMCS guide, and actually trying to execute this in cPanel, these new lines seem oddly out of place (and also, I still get allow_url_fopen warnings).

image.png.1b169f0ba55a4515855089822dc73fe3.png

Please provide some guidance because I can't be without automatic updating and I can't move away from this shared server either.