Bulk Pricing Updater and free domains

Newton

Hello, 

I thought someone would have ran into the same issue before me but I can't find any previous thread regarding that issue.

I'm trying to update some TLDs prices for past and current orders (for example, change the price of .me to 9.99 from 7.99 for every order, new and renew).

Some of these TLDs are free for those clients who have an hosting plan (using the WHMCS free domain promotion) and therefore appear as "Recurring Amount = 0" in the client account.

Now, I was hoping that using WHMCS bulk pricing updater, the price of these free domains would not be updated... but that is not the case. Running the updater upgrades all orders, and these previously free domains now appear as "Recurring Amount = 9.99)

Questions:

- Do I need to go back and edit these to 0 manually or (and I've read the WHMCS doc but I'm still confused) will WHMCS just not invoice these domains as long as they are still attached to the hosting plan (i.e. regardless of what's written in "recurring amount" box).

- If I need to adjust all these free domains manually, I understand a better way to go at it would be to only adjust prices for domains with the "specific price" criteria (using my exemple, I'd only update prices for .me domains with a 7.99 price). Is that right? Given that we have many many domains, I'm a bit worry I might miss updating the domain price of some old clients with an odd price.

Sorry for the long thread/question and thanks again for your help! 

Current Price