Handling Recurring Subscriptions - Custom Module

tuga

Hi,

I'm developing a custom gateway payment module and it's already working for one time payments, but I'm wrapping my head around the best way to  make it work with recurring subscriptions.

I understand that on the first time the user chooses to subscribe, the payment gateway provides a unique subscriptionid (just like paypal or stripe do) and it's added to the tblhosting on the subscriptionid field, what I don't get is when the subscription renews, let's say after 1 month, how does the system handle this? How does it know which services/invoices need to renew or be marked as paid?

Is there any tips that you can provide or a sample code/module that shows how recurring subscriptions are handled internally ?

Any help will be very appreciated

Thank you.

Edited by tuga

• 8 months later...

Some subscription options are based on the table `tblhosting` (or hosting if it hasn't a prefix).
Next_due_date  & next_invoice_date are some of the columns that show you some info about the subscription status.

Based on that, you can search into whmcs code (on some free/unencoded versions eg. 7) to find where that columns are used and how to manage data.
Hope someone find this a little helpful. :)