A question and potential issue

MikeDVB

Hello

I'll be honest and tell you that I'm pretty new to this whole thing and I'm going slow and taking my time to make sure I set everything up 100% correctly and do not cause any issues for my customers I hope to have in the future.

I have set up whmcs into the /support directory on my server. http://www.mydomain.com/support but every time I go there, it changes the url to http://mydomain.com/support - is this something I need to change in WHMCS and if so what specific setting is it - I checked my domain and hosting settings and the WHMCS settings and I cannot seem to figure this out.

Also - I was reading on here that US Website Payment Pro will not work with WHMCS but I have not seen any responses/updates as to whether it is now working. I know that UK Website Payment Pro works, but I need somebody to verify that US Website Payment Pro (paypal) works with WHMCS before I go through the trouble of changing gateways.

If I've posted this in the wrong location I am sorry, I have been browsing the forums quite a bit and I believe this is where I should post this thread.

Thank you for your help,

Michael

Look in Configuration -> General configuration

The WHMCS System URL, and its SSL counterpart control where the system will link to and redirect. I personally prefer using non-WWW addresses, but it shouldn't really matter which address your clients are using. If you're not accepting connections to the non-www address, you really should be.

I'm afraid I can't answer your second question.

• WHMCS CEO
I was reading on here that US Website Payment Pro will not work with WHMCS but I have not seen any responses/updates as to whether it is now working. I know that UK Website Payment Pro works, but I need somebody to verify that US Website Payment Pro (paypal) works with WHMCS before I go through the trouble of changing gateways.

Must have been an old post you were reading. Website Payments Pro (US) was implemented a few months ago.

Matt

Look in Configuration -> General configuration

The WHMCS System URL, and its SSL counterpart control where the system will link to and redirect. I personally prefer using non-WWW addresses, but it shouldn't really matter which address your clients are using. If you're not accepting connections to the non-www address, you really should be.

It's purely asthetical for me - it works either way with or without the www, I just hate bouncing between the two if you know what I mean.

Must have been an old post you were reading. Website Payments Pro (US) was implemented a few months ago.

Matt

Ok, I just wanted to make sure because I am activating Website Payment Pro and getting everything rolling on that. Would hate to set it up just to see it not work!

Thank you for your replies guys, life savers!

Mike

Ok, I just wanted to make sure because I am activating Website Payment Pro and getting everything rolling on that. Would hate to set it up just to see it not work!

Thank you for your replies guys, life savers!

Mike

Just be aware that PayPalPro is good for onetime payments only as it comes out of the box. You will also want to implement a two character drop down state list as PayPalPro wants to see only 2 characters.

Recurring is being done by some users by accessing risk controls and turning off the cvv check since Paypalpro requires it by default and of course you are not allowed to store the card cvv.