Domain TLD Filter Years: Register, Renew

MissionPossible

Hello Guys,

my Registrar sends via "TLD Import & Pricing Sync" Pricing always for 10 Years but some of this Domains are on Sale (1$ or 2$).  Sale-Domains can be registered as New only for 1 Year, and Renew is for multiple Years possible again. 

1. How can i set to have on Register only 1 Year on specific Domains as an  Option and Renew 1-5 Years? OR any similar Solution (Hook or Addon)?

2. How can I sync "TLD Import & Pricing Sync" every day automatically? 

Thank you

1 hour ago, MissionPossible said:

1. How can i set to have on Register only 1 Year on specific Domains as an  Option and Renew 1-5 Years? OR any similar Solution (Hook or Addon)?

not setting registration prices for years 2-10 would make those TLDs available for 1-yr only registrations; similarly for renewals, just don't set 6-10 yr pricing.

in terms of domain promo sale periods, perhaps the Domain Offers addon is worth a look at - though there may be other solutions in Marketplace specifically for your registrar.

1 hour ago, MissionPossible said:

2. How can I sync "TLD Import & Pricing Sync" every day automatically? 

there's a feature request for that...

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/make-registrar-tld-sync-tool-automatable-with-cron-job

it's not been included in the v8.1 beta so far, so you will be looking at many months, possibly years, before the feature is added.

however, depending on your registrar, there may be third-party options available - e.g if you were using a Logicboxes registrar (e.g resellerclub etc), there is the Resellerclub Tools addon that has a TLD price sync cron feature.

https://www.resellerclub-mods.com/whmcs/free-resellerclub-tools-addon.php

and if you use eNom, there is the eNom Domain Pricing Manager addon..

2 hours ago, brian! said:

not setting registration prices for years 2-10 would make those TLDs available for 1-yr only registrations; similarly for renewals, just don't set 6-10 yr pricing.

in terms of domain promo sale periods, perhaps the Domain Offers addon is worth a look at - though there may be other solutions in Marketplace specifically for your registrar.

there's a feature request for that...

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/make-registrar-tld-sync-tool-automatable-with-cron-job

it's not been included in the v8.1 beta so far, so you will be looking at many months, possibly years, before the feature is added.

however, depending on your registrar, there may be third-party options available - e.g if you were using a Logicboxes registrar (e.g resellerclub etc), there is the Resellerclub Tools addon that has a TLD price sync cron feature.

https://www.resellerclub-mods.com/whmcs/free-resellerclub-tools-addon.php

and if you use eNom, there is the eNom Domain Pricing Manager addon..

Not Setting Registration Prices for years 2-10 goes automatically to 0.00(FREE) and setting it to -1 will deactivate Transfer and Renewal too. 

"Domain Offers" is not exactly that what i want but the eNom Domain Pricing Manager it is. I m not using eNOM. 

Registrar-Sync in "TLD Import & Pricing Sync" will fill all the Years again and i have to uncheck every one Year from 2-10 again.

Edited by MissionPossible

6 minutes ago, MissionPossible said:

Not Setting Registration Prices for years 2-10 goes automatically to 0.00(FREE) and setting it to -1 will deactivate Transfer and Renewal too. 

it's a well known issue that you can't set renew years if the registration period hasn't been set - that's always been the case and I see no sign of WHMCS changing it.

8 minutes ago, MissionPossible said:

Registrar-Sync in "TLD Import & Pricing Sync" will fill all the Years again and i have to uncheck every one Year from 2-10 again.

does it? can't say i've ever tested it much, but if that's the case, then it's working in a similar way as when product pricing is updated by the cron - it updates prices in currencies where they're not enabled for that product.... annoying and almost makes the feature unusable in some circumstances.

53 minutes ago, brian! said:

it's a well known issue that you can't set renew years if the registration period hasn't been set - that's always been the case and I see no sign of WHMCS changing it.

does it? can't say i've ever tested it much, but if that's the case, then it's working in a similar way as when product pricing is updated by the cron - it updates prices in currencies where they're not enabled for that product.... annoying and almost makes the feature unusable in some circumstances.

To 1.) Then the only Option is to let Customers Register and Renew only for 1 Year every time. There is no other way or maybe a Template Change in viewcart.tpl (IF NEW DOMAIN then only 1 Year else DROPDOWN) something like that 🙂 Help?

Yes it does. There is no Option to Filter which Years u want to Fetch,

Edited by MissionPossible