Issue: Using a Credit and then removing the credit and adding a Transaction which posts a credit

drywash

1. I recently added a credit to a Client. I used that credit to pay / apply to about 3 invoices.

2. Then I realized that I should have added a Billing / Transaction because this Client had sent me a large check (instead of paying via credit card) to prepay for future services and not have their credit card charged for a while.

3. So I marked each of those 3 invoices Unpaid and went to the Client's summary page and clicked on "Manage Credits" and deleted the credits and the credit deductions which showed up there from having applied the credits to the invoices.

4. After doing this, I noticed that each of those 3 invoices were marked Unpaid, although when I click on any of those invoices, it still says: "Payment Method: Fully Paid by Credit"

5. I then properly added the new Billing / Transaction for the date I received the check and checked the box to "Add to Client's Credit Balance".

6. Then when I went back to those invoices for that client and attempted to apply the credit to pay each of those three invoices (now Unpaid), it won't let me apply any of the credit (which shows up fine in "Manage Credits" on that client's summary page) claiming:
"An Error Occurred
You cannot apply more credit than the invoice total"

I can't find any transactions to delete which should be deleted / removed / undone in Billing / Transactions so I have no idea how to get WHMCS to recognize that these Unpaid invoices have no credit applied to them anymore. The invoices still show the full value of what is owed.