Passing $vars['params']

Hi, I'm new to WHMCS dev and trying to piece a hook together. I can't figure out how to pass values from the parameter array to my query.  This is what I have so far, any help appreciated. 🙂

There are no errors in the activity log and no PHP errors. Hook debug is on and these are the only pertinent entries (not in this order):

Hooks Debug: Hook Point AfterModuleSuspend - Calling Hook Function (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook File Loaded: /home/*****/public_html/modules/addons/callfire/hooks.php
Hooks Debug: Attempting to load hook file: /home/*****/public_html/modules/addons/callfire/hooks.php	
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterModuleSuspend - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)

Thank you!

<?php

use Illuminate\Database\Capsule\Manager as Capsule;

add_hook('AfterModuleSuspend', 1, function($vars) 
	{
		$userid=$vars['params']['userid'];
		$domain=$vars['params']['domain'];

try {
			Capsule::connection()->transaction(
				function ($connectionManager2)
		        {
		            $connectionManager2->table('mod_callfire')->insert(
		                [
		                    'userid'=>$userid,
		                    'message'=>$domain,
		                    'status'=>'Pending',
		                ]
		            );
		        }
		    );

} catch (\Exception $e) {
	}

});

Edited by earthgirlllc
code edit

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that this is not really a WHMCS thing. It's more of a PHP issue. There are some things to know:

• Your vars $userid and $domain are most likely not available within your transaction (because there's an anonymous function involved). Use `use ($userid, $domain)` behind `function ($connectionManager2)`  to get the variables within your function. 
  • You've catched errors with no further processing or printing and thus there will be none in your error log. You could remove the try-catch statement, in this case WHMCS will catch any Exceptions if thrown. Or just print `var_dump($e)` in your catch statement.
  • You don't need to setup a transaction. You're able to do queries more easily by doing `Capsule::table(`bla`)->insert`.
Edited by Wouter0100