Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu 20.04), PHP 7.4.3, ioncube 10.4.0

Hi,

I am trying to do a new install on Ubuntu 20.04 . This comes with PHP 7.4.3. Ioncube 10.4.0 supports PHP 7.4 and my php.ini as as per below

zend_extension = /usr/lib/php/20190902/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so

But I am getting segmentation faults. I have tested other LAMP packages and phpinfo for any configuration issues and work fine, so I am guessing the Ioncube loader and WHMCS are not ready yet?

Has anyone else tried this?

Paul

• Retired WHMCS Staff

Hi Paul,

At present, WHMCS v7.10.2 supports PHP versions 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3; support for v7.4 has been announced for WHMCS 8.0, though as part of our development process we are currently working with ionCube to iron out some issues with the 7.4 loaders; so at present we wouldn't recommend this configuration for a production environment. 

You can find more info about what to expect in WHMCS 8.0 on our recent blog post at https://blog.whmcs.com/133630/whats-coming-in-whmcs-80

Jay

50 minutes ago, WHMCS Jay said:

Hi Paul,

At present, WHMCS v7.10.2 supports PHP versions 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3; support for v7.4 has been announced for WHMCS 8.0, though as part of our development process we are currently working with ionCube to iron out some issues with the 7.4 loaders; so at present we wouldn't recommend this configuration for a production environment. 

You can find more info about what to expect in WHMCS 8.0 on our recent blog post at https://blog.whmcs.com/133630/whats-coming-in-whmcs-80

Jay

Thanks Jay,  I thought it may be the case. 

I was just getting a bit anxious as active support for PHP v7.3  ends in 4 months.

Paul