issue with cron job session files - goes to system folder /tmp

after changing to PHP 7.2 I have a problem with the cron jobs, because I have installed several PHP versions and the main system is running w/ PHP 7.0 so I need to use the path in the command line just for the cron jobs:

*/5 * * * * /opt/phpswitcher/php7.2/bin/php -q /var/www/virtual/mydomain.tld/crons/cron.php

If I run the cron jobs as the web owner (user) all of the cron job sessions go to the system main /tmp folder, so today I have found about thousands of cron session files inside.

WHMCS or better the website is using a phpswitcher and works without any issues ... all website or whmcs sessions are stored in the phptmp session folder of the webfolder, it just happens with the cron jobs.
Is there a way to set a special session path for the cron jobs?

Edited by cluster

41 minutes ago, cluster said:

after changing to PHP 7.2 I have a problem with the cron jobs, because I have installed several PHP versions and the main system is running w/ PHP 7.0 so I need to use the path in the command line just for the cron jobs:

*/5 * * * * /opt/phpswitcher/php7.2/bin/php -q /var/www/virtual/mydomain.tld/crons/cron.php

If I run the cron jobs as the web owner (user) all of the cron job sessions goes to the system main /tmp folder, so today I have found about thousands of cron session files inside.

WHMCS or better the website is using a phpswitcher w/ PHP 7.2 and works without any issues ... all website or whmcs sessions are stored in the phptmp session folder of the webfolder, it just happens with the cron jobs.
Is there a way to set a special session path for the cron jobs ... or can I run the cron jobs with the main PHP 7.0 environment and the whmcs website under PHP 7.2?

Edited by cluster

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Add a php.ini file to the command in the cron command line.

*/5 * * * * /opt/phpswitcher/php7.2/bin/php -c /var/www/virtual/mydomain.tld/conf/php.ini /var/www/virtual/mydomain.tld/crons/cron.php

See the added parameter in bold.

I would use the same php.ini that the control panel generates for the site, which will cause the cron to execute in the exact same environment as the website.

HTH