Pagination in Modules

SwiftModders

Hi All,

I am working on a new module and I know there will be instances where a number of records will be pulled into view. Does WHMCS provide a way to handle pagination of records or should I use the Laravel pagination method?

Source: https://laravel.com/docs/5.2/pagination

I am curious how other developers do it or if you do your own custom pagination method.

I have no experience with Lavarel but maybe you could simply include the missing "pagination" component/script.

Anyway keep in mind that Laravel is inflexible. Let me quote just this thing from their documentation:

Currently, pagination operations that use a groupBy statement cannot be executed efficiently by Laravel. If you need to use a groupBy with a paginated result set, it is recommended that you query the database and create a paginator manually.

😑 so what's the point of using it? Anyway it should be fine if you don't need to filter results with GROUP BY.

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2020 at 10:12 PM, SwiftModders LLC said:

I see, it also appears that WHMCS is not including the Laravel pagination as I cannot call it. Ugh. Any recommendations on alternative pagination functions?

This is how I would do it.

replace YOURTABLE with your table name and .COL with your column name and you can add as much as you link
just add {$HTMLpagePagination} somewhere in your returned html code. This is compatible with bootstrap so you can play with the classes to change the design.

$record_count = Capsule::table('YOURTABLE')->count();
$offset=10;
$offsets=$record_count/$offset;
if (!$_REQUEST['page']){$page = 1;}else{$page = $_REQUEST['page'];}

if ($record_count != null)
{
$record_list = Capsule::table('YOURTABLE')
				->select('YOURTABLE.COL1','YOURTABLE.COL2')
                ->offset(($page-1)*$offset)
                ->limit($offset)
                ->get();
}

$HTMLpagePagination = "";
        if ($record_count < $offset+1){
        $HTMLpagePagination .= '<div class="clearfix">';
        $HTMLpagePagination .= '<div class="hint-text pull-left">Showing <b>'.$record_count.'</b> out of <b>'.$record_count.'</b> pages</div>';
        $HTMLpagePagination .= '</div>';}
        if ($record_count > $offset){
        $HTMLpagePagination .= '<div class="clearfix">';
        if ($page*$offset<$record_count){$HTMLpagePagination .= '<div class="hint-text pull-left">Showing <b>'.$page*$offset.'</b> out of <b>'.$record_count.'</b> pages</div>';}
        else{$HTMLpagePagination .= '<div class="hint-text pull-left">Showing <b>'.$record_count.'</b> out of <b>'.$record_count.'</b> pages</div>';}
        $HTMLpagePagination .= '<ul style="margin:0px 0px" class="pagination pull-right">';
        if ($page<2){$HTMLpagePagination .= '<li class="page-item disabled"><a href="#">Previous</a></li>';}
        else{$HTMLpagePagination .= '<li class="page-item"><a href="'.$modulelink.'&page='.($page-1).'">Previous</a></li>';}
        if ($page-2>0){$HTMLpagePagination .= '<li class="page-item"><a href="'.$modulelink.'&page='.($page-2).'" class="page-link">'.($page-2).'</a></li>';}
        if ($page-1>0){$HTMLpagePagination .= '<li class="page-item"><a href="'.$modulelink.'&page='.($page-1).'" class="page-link">'.($page-1).'</a></li>';}
        $HTMLpagePagination .= '<li class="page-item active"><a href="'.$modulelink.'&page='.($page).'" class="page-link">'.($page).'</a></li>';
        if ($page+1<$offsets+1){$HTMLpagePagination .= '<li class="page-item"><a href="'.$modulelink.'&page='.($page+1).'" class="page-link">'.($page+1).'</a></li>';}
        if ($page+2<$offsets+1){$HTMLpagePagination .= '<li class="page-item"><a href="'.$modulelink.'&page='.($page+2).'" class="page-link">'.($page+2).'</a></li>';}
        if ($page+1<$offsets+1){$HTMLpagePagination .= '<li class="page-item"><a href="'.$modulelink.'&page='.($page+1).'" class="page-link">Next</a></li>';}
        else{$HTMLpagePagination .= '<li class="page-item disabled"><a href="#" class="page-link">Next</a></li>';}
        $HTMLpagePagination .= '</ul>';
        $HTMLpagePagination .= '</div>';

If you need any further help or explanation.  please do not hesitate to ask, I am willing to help.
Good luck

3 hours ago, weelow said:

This is how I would do it.

replace YOURTABLE with your table name and .COL with your column name and you can add as much as you link
just add {$HTMLpagePagination} somewhere in your returned html code. This is compatible with bootstrap so you can play with the classes to change the design.

Thanks! I ended up coming up with my own solution, but this is definitely helpful information for everyone 🙂