Display custom link to a client?

WBJ

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to display a custom link to clients on their portal page. I have a website owner's manual that's specific to each client and I'd like to put a download link in WHMCS that is only displayed when someone is signed in.

Would creating a custom client field with the URL work? How would I pull the URL string from the custom field and put it into a link on the portal?

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!

On 22/02/2020 at 18:58, WBJ said:

I am trying to figure out how to display a custom link to clients on their portal page. I have a website owner's manual that's specific to each client and I'd like to put a download link in WHMCS that is only displayed when someone is signed in.

you can upload documents to a specific client in the admin area and once added, the client will see a link to it on their client area homepage.

On 22/02/2020 at 18:58, WBJ said:

Would creating a custom client field with the URL work? How would I pull the URL string from the custom field and put it into a link on the portal? 

that would work (upto a point), but try the above method first as that would be the default way to do it in WHMCS.