Using localAPI and AddOrder + AddClient from server module ClientArea-callback

sith

Hi!

I'm trying to use the localAPI with the AddOrder and AddClient commands from within a module ClientArea-function. Everything works fine except that the current session is changed. This means that if a client logs in normally to the client area, the next request after the request that triggers the localAPI call will result in a logout and a redirect to the login page. If the same is done as an admin using the "login as client" button, it results in a redirect to the client the order was added for or the new client.

According to WHMCS support, you're not supposed to call AddOrder and AddClient from this context. And since this is not intended functionality they suggested that I ask here.

Does anyone have any idea about a workaround? I'm thinking that I could restore the client area session with a hook. What data do I need to store to be able to do that?

I guess I could implement this AddOrder/AddClient by editing the database directly, however I really want to avoid this. Implementing a work queue that is executed in another context would also be an option, however, I'm not really sure about from which contexts I'm actually allowed to call AddOrder and AddClient, it seems like this is not documented.

30 minutes ago, string said:

Maybe you could just save the $_SESSION variable before the hooks and then restore it.

It worked! I hope that it didn't break something else.

And it was unnecessary to restore from within a hook. I just restored before returning from the ClientArea callback.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!