Adding special conditions to specific domains?

namhost

1. Is there a way to request the registrant information for a domain name PRIOR to adding the domain to the cart? But only for specific domains? As in, when the user buys a domain, I want them to enter the registrant details that will go on the whois record when the domain gets registered.
2. And is it then possible to change the price of the domain, depending on the registrant info?

One of our domains costs X if the registrant is from the states, and Y if he is not from the states. So I need to know who the registrant is prior to adding the item to the cart because the price depends on it. 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, namhost said:

1. Is there a way to request the registrant information for a domain name PRIOR to adding the domain to the cart?

not by default.... I suppose if they were an existing user and logged in, you would know who they were -  but not otherwise.... and even then, if they were going to want to use different contact details, you wouldn't know that.

possibly you could use an additional domain field to ask them if the registrant was from the States (as that gets asked well before checkout) and adjust the price at that stage - but they could lie! 😲

As in, when the user buys a domain, I want them to enter the registrant details that will go on the whois record when the domain gets registered.

they can do that already, but not until they get to the checkout stage - by entering the domain contact information... if they don't do that, their client registration details will be used for the domain.

2. And is it then possible to change the price of the domain, depending on the registrant info?

not from within WHMCS settings (as TLDs can only have one price per currency), but you could use a hook - but the timing is awkward, because the client will be checking out by that stage... so not a good time to hit them with a price change.

One of our domains costs X if the registrant is from the states, and Y if he is not from the states. So I need to know who the registrant is prior to adding the item to the cart because the price depends on it. 

unless there was a big price difference between X & Y, I fear the simplest solution is to just charge everyone Y. 🙂

2 hours ago, brian! said:

unless there was a big price difference between X & Y, I fear the simplest solution is to just charge everyone Y. 🙂

There is a MASSIVE price difference. It's 50 USD versus 5000 USD. As in 100 times more expensive for non-locals. And the registrar that enforces this rule does do spot checks  etc. So yes, they can lie, but then they could get lose their domain. No serious business can take that risk.