Easy way to convert Product to Addon product?

namhost

7 minutes ago, namhost said:

The module I used imports about 100 SSL certificates, but stores them all as products. I need them to be "addon products". Is there a way with WHMCS or perhaps another 3rd party module that allows me to easily move products to addon products? 

I can't think of a way within WHMCS, nor can I recall any addon that can do it.

I suppose potentially you could run a SQL query to do it, but by the time I could have written and tested it, I could have copied & pasted the addons by hand quicker.

I've asked the guys from TheSSLStore if they can't maybe change their module to import the products as addon products and not just normal products. I assume most people would want ssl certificates to be addon products, or to at least have the option of creating instances for both cases. I.e. SO that the SSL can be ordered separately, and that it can be an addon option during checkout. 

15 hours ago, namhost said:

I've asked the guys from TheSSLStore if they can't maybe change their module to import the products as addon products and not just normal products. I assume most people would want ssl certificates to be addon products, or to at least have the option of creating instances for both cases. I.e. SO that the SSL can be ordered separately, and that it can be an addon option during checkout. 

sadly, these days a lot of WHMCS users will just use MarketConnect products - and with their SSL products, they're added to the database as both products and addons (so they can be ordered alone or with a product as an addon).

I had a similar question and reached out to the module developer apparently WHMCS doesn't extend the ability to provisioning modules that use "module config options" or "custom fields" to be used a product addons. Which sucks because it forces you to use MarketConnect and limits your upsell.

2 hours ago, brian! said:

sadly, these days a lot of WHMCS users will just use MarketConnect products - and with their SSL products, they're added to the database as both products and addons (so they can be ordered alone or with a product as an addon).

I haven't bothered to check, but does one get better pricing for SSLs using MarketConnect? That for example TheSSLStore?

1 hour ago, namhost said:

It doesn't make any sense at all to use WHMCS Market Place Connect. Their prices are absurd. 

absolutely correct... it's of some use for those new users who don't have experience with other suppliers - but i've said it before, I don't agree with it being in the core program and I will never used it commercially.