1. I set up a configurable option that shows two options during checkout:
    a) Do not add cWatch
    b) Add cWatch Basic
    c) Add cWatch Pro
    I want this to automatically include the price in the dropdown as follows:
    a) Do not add cWatch
    b) Add cWatch Basic (FREE)
    c) Add cWatch Pro (9.90 USD p/m)

2. When choosing a domain at /cart?a=add&pid=1, you have the option to enter your domain name and select the extension from the list of available extensions. The extension dropdown can be a bit cumbersome to scroll through if you have hundreds of domains. So I would rather want:
    a) For there not to be a dropdown. Instead, I want a single input folder where the user can type in "thedomainheislookingfor.com" as opposed to "thedomainheislookingfor" and then selecting ".com" from the dropdown.
    b) How to add a list off all the domain pricing below the "register a domain" block?

Can anyone advise how to do this?

Thanks!

Regarding point 1. It seems this is already the default behaviour. My problem is that my product is FREE. So it makes the configurable product's price free too, because, i assume, it takes on the same billing type as the product being ordered. 

6 hours ago, namhost said:

I set up a configurable option that shows two options during checkout:
a) Do not add cWatch
b) Add cWatch Basic
c) Add cWatch Pro

i'm tempted to say that's 3 options! 🙂

I want this to automatically include the price in the dropdown as follows:
a) Do not add cWatch
b) Add cWatch Basic (FREE)
c) Add cWatch Pro (9.90 USD p/m)

if a configurable option is priced positively, then it's price should appear in the dropdown...

j047tqw.png

if monthly pricing breakdown is enabled, it will be shown as an equivalent monthly price...

GAPLIFo.png

prices for free products aren't shown (e.g it won't say 0.00 or free) - frankly, the simplest way to get it to say free would be to add it to the configure option description(unless language is going to be an issue)...

RDDGMXk.pngCW05pn4.png

the other way, and especially if you wanted to tweak the dropdown output to include p/m too, would be an action hook.

Regarding point 1. It seems this is already the default behaviour. My problem is that my product is FREE. So it makes the configurable product's price free too, because, i assume, it takes on the same billing type as the product being ordered. 

but if the product is free, and the first config option is free, then the product will be free unless they choose a config option that isn't.. i'm unsure what you're point is with this ??

When choosing a domain at /cart?a=add&pid=1, you have the option to enter your domain name and select the extension from the list of available extensions. The extension dropdown can be a bit cumbersome to scroll through if you have hundreds of domains. So I would rather want:
a) For there not to be a dropdown. Instead, I want a single input folder where the user can type in "thedomainheislookingfor.com" as opposed to "thedomainheislookingfor" and then selecting ".com" from the dropdown.

that can be a pain to do because the cart is expecting to receive them separately - so I think you'd have to use jQuery.JS to split them before sending them to the cart to search for availability....

i'd be tempted to say that it's easier to leave things as they are and just move the more common TLDs to the top of the dropdown list (by changing their sort order in domain pricing). 🙂

7 hours ago, namhost said:

How to add a list off all the domain pricing below the "register a domain" block?

the pricing array isn't automatically available to that page, so your simplest solution would be to add a domain pricing data feed to the template (configureproductdomain.tpl)

https://docs.whmcs.com/Data_Feeds#Domain_Pricing_Table

but if the product is free, and the first config option is free, then the product will be free unless they choose a config option that isn't.. i'm unsure what you're point is with this ??

I have a free hosting package. Which the user normally takes for 3 years. So problem 1 is that, in this case, the user will be charged 0 regardless of what years are taken, because the hosting package is free. This seems odd to me, but I tried it, and if the product is free, then the configurable option is also free.

But even if that wasn't the case, problem number 2 is that I want the user to be able to, for example, select 1 year for hosting, but get billed monthly for cwatch. For example.

So it sounds like my only option is to create addon products and then alter the way the addon products are selected. Somehow.  

43 minutes ago, namhost said:

I have a free hosting package. Which the user normally takes for 3 years. So problem 1 is that, in this case, the user will be charged 0 regardless of what years are taken, because the hosting package is free. This seems odd to me, but I tried it, and if the product is free, then the configurable option is also free.

that is odd - i've never noticed that before.... I suppose the work around would be to make it recurring, but price it at 0.00 - under those circumstances, the config options would be charged as normal.

But even if that wasn't the case, problem number 2 is that I want the user to be able to, for example, select 1 year for hosting, but get billed monthly for cwatch.

that's true - with configurable options, the cycles will be the same.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Addons_and_Configurable_Options

When should I use addons instead of configurable options?

• If it should be billed on it's own cycle - eg. a dedicated IP might be billed annually regardless of the package cycle

So it sounds like my only option is to create addon products and then alter the way the addon products are selected. Somehow.  

somehow indeed.