PayPal Website Payments Pro configuration

nikos

I ve created the API in my paypal account and then set in whmcs in payment gateways all the apropriate infromation about PayPal Website Payments Pro (signature, username, pass)

I try to make some orders in order to test the system, but it doesnt work. It just leads me back to the client area -credit card details page.

Is there something I m missing here? What could be wrong?

Also, what are in credit card details the "issue number" and the "Start date" option?

Shouldnt someone be able to buy by only inserting CCV, end date and credit card number? If so, how can i remove these options, in order to avoid confusing clients?

thanks in advance for any answer/

And you want to take credit cards on site?

right now,

i dont use off line credit cards system and i also do not plan to do so.

I do not store credit cards,

just use redirection methods.

But certainly i ll go for ssl during the next weeks.

I m now in a testing period.

First off, there are two versions of paypal pro. One for US only and one for UK only. Since there is only one option in WHMCS, I assume WHMCS unfairly decided to not have intergration for US clients since they are a UK company (in version 3.5.1). Which I would be fine with except in the part where they didn't tell anyone that it was UK only. I assume they will eventually have it work for US... but I don't appreciate the deception of buying the license and learning after that it actually doesn't even work. I can only hope that they will fix this ASAP.

Here is my error BTW:

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Invalid Configuration

L_LONGMESSAGE0 => This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

First off, there are two versions of paypal pro. One for US only and one for UK only. Since there is only one option in WHMCS, I assume WHMCS unfairly decided to not have intergration for US clients since they are a UK company (in version 3.5.1). Which I would be fine with except in the part where they didn't tell anyone that it was UK only. I assume they will eventually have it work for US... but I don't appreciate the deception of buying the license and learning after that it actually doesn't even work. I can only hope that they will fix this ASAP.

Here is my error BTW:

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Invalid Configuration

L_LONGMESSAGE0 => This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

Just to clarify for others coming across this foolish post, PayPalPro US is supported. PayFlow is the UK version. Both are part of WHMCS and working.

I have this Error in gateway log when I use this payment gateway :

TIMESTAMP => 2007-12-26T19:56:10Z

CORRELATIONID => ab84002645043

ACK => Failure

L_ERRORCODE0 => 10002

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Security error

L_LONGMESSAGE0 => Security header is not valid

L_SEVERITYCODE0 => Error

VERSION => 3.000000

BUILD => 1.0006

and how did you got over this problem?

I still have the same issue.

I ve created the API in my paypal account and then set in whmcs in payment gateways all the apropriate infromation about PayPal Website Payments Pro (signature, username, pass)

I try to make some orders in order to test the system, but it doesnt work. It just leads me back to the client area -credit card details page.

Is there something I m missing here? What could be wrong?

Also, what are in credit card details the "issue number" and the "Start date" option?

Shouldnt someone be able to buy by only inserting CCV, end date and credit card number? If so, how can i remove these options, in order to avoid confusing clients?

thanks in advance for any answer/

Greetings NIKOS,

I do not know if you ever got your answer to this, so I'm giving my two cents :) To answer your question about the start date and issue number, what I did was modified the template for clientareacreditcard.php and creditcard.php - commented out the section where it was asking for those values and everything started working for me.

I would also recommend that you create a new template directory by copying an existing directory over to a new name, nikos as an example. Update the General Configuiration to use the new templates. Then go into the newly created directory and modify the templates for the credit cards. There are several of them in there. Anything that has "creditcard".tpl you should modify, either comment out the issue and start dates or delete those lines. This way you still have all your original templates intact. Example in your {parent directory}/whmcs/template

You should see "default" in there. Copy the entire directory from "default" to "nikos" for example. modify the templates for the credit cards in the nikos directory, then test. That worked for me and all is well (Dont forget to update your configuration to use the new templates). I hope this helps :-) Good Luck.

and how did you got over this problem?

I still have the same issue.

I had this same issue with Paypal Website Pro - After working with Matt, he instructed me to go through the Paypal setup guide - he was right on the money - You need to generate the APi credentials - There are two options One for Certificate and one for Signature - make sure you sign up for the "signature" one, I signed up for the certificate and that was my problem, I deleted the certificate setup and requested the api signature - now it connects to Paypal without any issues.

if you are testing the paypal sandbox, you should have those options in there as well. you will need to setup the sandbox api signature credentials - copy and paste all those credentials into your gateway setup for paypal website pro and that should resolve your "security header is not valid" issue.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been searching around to find a solution to the same problem, except I already have used the sandbox to generate the signature and have copied it all into WHMCS. I'm still getting the "Security header not valid" error. Any ideas?

• 3 years later...