Removing Addon Modules

WizTech

I have one that I need to completely remove ( SSL Store) and I have contacted support for that one to see if they have any instructions but I do need to know for future references about uninstalling modules. Just deactivating this one leaves all 8 (!) tables in the database and all products - over 70 are still activated. I can of course deactivate them by running an ssl query on one of the tables but what is the usual process for this? Shouldn't the company provide a removal script? I know where the files are and the 8 tables but is there anything else in other tables I need to worry about?

The Deactivate button triggers a function that should be used to remove custom tables and stuff that the module uses. The problem is that many developers don't use it therefore you are forced to complete the deactivation manually.

1 hour ago, WizTech said:

I know where the files are and the 8 tables but is there anything else in other tables I need to worry about?

Only the developer of your module can answer to this question. I guess you have to wait.

1 hour ago, WizTech said:

Shouldn't the company provide a removal script?

Yes but I can understand why some developer refuse to implement a removal script. For example you can't imagine how much time I wasted because of customers deactivating modules for no fu🤬ing reason and here is what happens.

Customer: «I pressed Deactivate and now I lost all data. Why!?»

Me: «When you press Deactivate you are uninstalling the module that's why you lost all data»

Customer: «You should not delete data on deactivation! Please fix»

Me: «What would be the purpose of deactivating the module if I keep all tables?»

Customer: «You should add Uninstall button instead»

Me: «So you want a new Uninstall button to deactivate the module and use the Deactivate button for what? And why did you deactivate the module?»

Customer: «It doesn't matter. Now I have an emergency. How can I restore data? I have no backup»

That's why I go to gym everyday 👼