Configurable option price decreases as quantity increases

Vike

Hello! So I attempted to use the 'Quantity' option on a configurable option for a product that is sold in 'per page'. But say I wanted the price per page to decrease as someone moved the slider to increase the number of pages they are attempting to purchase, how would this be possible with the configurable options? Currently only see that the pricing for configurable options is static and promotions can't be attached to them.

19 hours ago, mikejarvisnicol said:

So I attempted to use the 'Quantity' option on a configurable option for a product that is sold in 'per page'. But say I wanted the price per page to decrease as someone moved the slider to increase the number of pages they are attempting to purchase, how would this be possible with the configurable options? Currently only see that the pricing for configurable options is static

So for example if someone wants to order 1 page the cost would be $5, but between 2-5 pages would be $3 per page.

with the quantity option, there isn't an built-in method to do quantity discounting with configurable options... with some advanced jQuery coding, it could be done - though usually it's not worth the effort / expense (unless you were to make constant use of it with multiple products).

the usual way to do what you intend would be to use the "Dropdown" option and add a price for x pages, e.g 1=>$5, 2=>$6, 3=>$9, 4=>$12, 5=>$15 etc... as long as you don't have too many page options, this should be workable... if you have a *lot* of pages to list like that, then you may need to group them together, e.g 1, 2-5 (priced for 5), 6-10 (prices for 10) etc.