Unable to see uploaded templates

I recently took over development for a WHMCS site/server and so far everything seems pretty straightforward, however, I tried to upload a new template to the server and select it as the default but the new template does not appear in the drop down.  I've verified the IP address and can connect to directories through FTP or cPanel, I have permissions to add, edit, and delete, and the dropdown shows the default Six template but also another template name that I can't find anywhere on the server.  Is it possible the previous developer changed where the templates pull from?  Everything i had read indicated the name would just be the directory names under the templates folder but so far I'm not having any luck.  

I suspect that you're not connected to the right FTP server or maybe there's some Windows/system32/drivers/etc/host involved. Try uploading a simple txt or an image anywhere on the FTP and verify that you can reach that from your browser. Let us know.

So i've verified I'm connecting to the correct drives, I have access through a few FTP accounts and IP addresses and each connection shows the same files.  When I monitor 2 or more FTP connections at the same time I can see the uploaded files appear on the connections that aren't doing the upload.  I also have direct access to a cPanel admin site where I can access a file manager for the server, but again here I only see the six template folder but not for the other template showing in the dropdown and when I upload to that location the new template does not appear.