Wrong billing contact for new invoices

Hello!

We have a very strange problem with new invoices, affecting only one customer.

This customer has been added as a normal client in WHMCS.
He has a company name and VAT ID defined.

Recently we have noticed that all new invoices for this client are addressed to another (wrong) billing contact (same name, but no company name and no VAT ID on this billing contact).

I then removed the wrong contact and set "Default" for "Billing contact" in the client profile.
Also tried to create a billing contact with the same name, company, address, ... and define it at the client profile.

But this did not resolve the issue - after the next (new) invoice the (wrong) billing contact was re-created and defined as "billing contact" at the client profile.

We use the Stripe module (from WHMCS), the customer is paying with credit card.

How can I prevent this billing contact change? Every month we have to adjust the billing address in the database (mod_invoicedata table).

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Nobody, even WHMCS support, did not have an answer.

I have recently identified the cause to this issue: It seems that the credit card was linked to a contact (which can be check when opening the client overview page and clicking one of the credit cards). There you can choose a contact - for some reason this specific customer had one contact assigned to his card. After selecting the main profile of the client several times, the settings were applied and on the next payment the billing address was correct.