Limit products to 1 per user

Magn2230

On 05/04/2019 at 12:28, Magn2230 said:

Im looking to limit all my products to 1 per user. I see there was another thread but there was no solution as he asked to close it. 

he didn't ask to close it (even if he had, the thread wouldn't have got closed) - it was the developer who (I assume) completed the paid-for project who asked to close it (which he shouldn't have done either)... the thread isn't technically closed, just completed. ✔️

On 05/04/2019 at 12:28, Magn2230 said:

Im currently running PHP 7.1

then the free addon as is is not an option for you - at some point I might get around to rewriting it for more recent PHP versions... even if the above developer tries to charge $21 for his version first! 🙂

however, because you want the limit to apply to all products, then that makes it simpler and the core hook within the above addon could easily be converted to work for all products...

however, I assume you can see the obvious drawback to this limitation? if there is a limit of 1 of each product per user, what's to stop the user from just creating a new account, with a new email address and ordering the product again ? that's the obvious way to get around the 1-per-user limitation. 😕