Affiliate link is not showing who referred the client

Hello Guys,

I am new to WHMCS so I must be missing something.

I am doing tests so I can develop a strategy of having some affiliates bringing me more clients. As to start I have created an affiliate account for myself.

At the clients area I can see my unique affiliate link. Well, I insert this link in the URL at my browser and then I do the normal process of buying of the products my hosting offers.

When finished I go to my WHMCS control panel and there is the pending order there, but it does not bring the information of who the affiliate is.

I can link it mannualy, by creating a unique discount code for each of my affiliates and choosing the right affiliate when accepting the order, but I believe there is a way of this being automatic. That is the reason there is a unique link to each affiliate.

What I am missing?

Many thanks,

Leandro

• WHMCS Staff

Hi there!

Based on what you've written it sounds like you've tested this using your own affiliate link, is that right?

WHMCS has in-built security against affiliates ordering products using their own link.

If this is occurring when another client uses someone else's affiliate link, please do open a Support Ticket with us and we'd be happy to investigate.