Beta testers needed for content manager addon module

View access system has been added to define what user level can view widgets, posts, categories and page with menu item assigned. This serves the purpose of publishing a section with say a list of profitable affiliates that would be available only to clients. This would be outside the client area.

post-view-permission.thumb.jpg.88e231ddfd1f059fc2a8bb8051049197.jpg

widget-view-permission.thumb.jpg.a3fd02fb66e15b4822cb99241969aa4c.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Guest access parameter has been added to allow a WHMCS site owner to set an item (widget, post, category, menu) to be seen by all not logged in viewers, but not visible to logged in clients. This serves the purpose of promotions which specifically target potential customers who might be browsing.

guest-logic.jpg.eb8b182c973891d9d72448e0545674fc.jpg

The SEF router is now functional so the search engines should smile when they visit a site with the extension. All the URLs display based on menu item alias, post alias or product alias

eg

The url which was  index.php?component=posts&view=post&category=3-website-tips&post=10-tools-to-get-the-best-pictures-of-your-products&menuid=5-blogs

is now http://websitedons.net/demo/whmcs/blogs/tools-to-get-the-best-pictures-of-your-products

Test the extension

http://websitedons.net/demo/whmcs/admin/

usr: betatest
pwd: betatest

sef-router.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I love the idea of this WHMCS framework. Nadal, as mentioned before I think this addon has a tremendous potential!! With that said I think the current version is too confusing for the user, we need to make this more interactive and easier to use.

I've taken the time to think about the main functionality's logic and UI and produced some mockups and screenshots for you:

1. Menu:

Current menu does not show the user everything they can do. I create a brand new Sitemap mockup which clearly shows the user everything they can do. See diagram >

As you can see User can clearly access the Page Types and once the user creates the Page Types, these will also show on the menu for easy access.

2. Page Type Builder

The Current way of building the layout for a specific page type is BAD! Although it is easier than custom code, building a page layout with shortcodes is not user friendly! Instead I propose having a basic "Page Type Builder".

On top the user will have basic controls and be able to: choose the page type, preview, save and publish. See screenshot >

On the left side there will be a section filled with blocks. These blocks will contain EVERYTHING you currently have PLUS future features. These blocks will be "drag and drop" so the user can easily move the blocks/widgets (currently shortcodes) onto the page. This way the user can easily create ANY layout they want simply with a simple to use visual editor. See screenshot >

I have a lot more cool ideas for the addon, however these features serve as the foundation for the success of the addon.

I hope the info and examples provided can help you make this a reality. Let me know if any questions.

Robert Diaz.

6 hours ago, xtremewebsites said:

Current menu does not show the user everything they can do. I create a brand new Sitemap mockup which clearly shows the user everything they can do

Thanks for the suggested navigation. We will certainly revise the current menu format and define the most intuitive arrangement. Note that there is no type designated as 'page'. That's a WordPress method and has long been a source of confusion and redundancy for many users. Posts serve as individual pages which can have assigned menu items or be located in categories.

The page types which can be assigned to menu items are:

• Post/Page
  • Post Category
  • All Categories
  • Product Detail
  • Product Category
  • All Product Categories
  • All WHMCS core pages (cart.php, clientarea.php, contact.ph, supporttickets.php, affiliates.php etc)

6 hours ago, xtremewebsites said:

The Current way of building the layout for a specific page type is BAD! Although it is easier than custom code, building a page layout with shortcodes is not user friendly! Instead I propose having a basic "Page Type Builder".

While all the modern visual composers used in many free CMS applications serve the absolute novice website owner quite well, WHMCS targets users who have greater working knowledge of computer mechanics and should be capable of quickly understanding the object shortcode system. These are folks who are creating websites for customers.

An advantage with the current shortcode method is the user has the ability to use their specific css classes for absolute flexibility eg:

The default format of a post view is vertical blocks

[title]
[image]
[text]

However the user can include containers with classes to create specialized layout and trigger built in functions.

[div class="floatleft width_30 modal animate-grow tool-tip polaroid"]
[image]
[/div]

[div class="floatleft width_70 padleft-20 font-georgia fontsize-16 text-red headtext-size-28"]
[title]
[text]
[/div]

Those place holders are placed within the layout text area in the global setting, category config or per post.

The closest to visual formatting is a preset shortcode selector which dynamically inserts formats. A user can code his own and include in the list for quick selection.

shortcode-preformat-selector.jpg.ae118292b1cd1803a5154e04db4e6d7c.jpg

For use of shortcodes within TinyMCE text area, there is a shortcode selector plugin which again has formatting presets and also inserts widgets and media objects (video, audio, photo gallery, social media feeds etc).

shortcode-button.jpg.30bb8c14292d999c9f56d8a0b1a95fc9.jpg

Popup window with the list of object selections.

shortcode-insert.jpg.9c615fd6aeb4c4381d816e275b3ef910.jpg

It's unlikely that there will be a literal visual composer implemented, primarily because of the script overload and excessive maintenance requirement. If the extension gains popularity and there is demand for visual aid, it will be an opportunity for a developer to create an extension which will add the tools.

Edited by NadalKumar

Hi @NadalKumar

Thanks for the explanation. I will continue testing based on your new attachments.

Regarding the page builder for WHMCS, I just found out that there is already an addon that does this, Check it out >

Based on your statements, you assume that ALL whmcs users have development experience and this could be further from the truth. Remember you need to develop with BUSINESS OWNERS in mind NOT developers. They have done exactly what I recommended, hopefully you can use that as a reference also. Thanks

3 hours ago, xtremewebsites said:

They have done exactly what I recommended, hopefully you can use that as a reference also.

That extension does the job as desired by some, however many who have tested our extension have requested that the clientside file load be as minimal as possible because they do not want to encounter script conflicts that could disrupt their system processes. They prefer to maintain efficient business functions over visual presentation tools which add excessive moving parts that could cause breakage. Javascript can sometimes be very inconsistent across devices and operating systems. Time will determine if a visual designer must be implemented.

Note that the shortcode screen shots shown in the previous post are not yet available for public testing, only available to our environment until proven stable.

The CMSE Framework for WHMCS now is able to assign different templates or CSS themes to post categories, posts, menu items, product groups, product detail page, just by creating template duplicates and configure the appearance of each to have different display formats.

Easily create multiple CSS themes and upload to the theme folder of a template, then select the theme in the configuration. So simple a caveman could do it!

60332525_866931040321829_7341352517759926272_n.jpg.3ab9ea5638a4edd327e4ae4bb3c9ca19.jpg

A banner manager has been added to allow promotional graphic display on any page.

Features

• Multiple media types include image, video, HTML
  • JS and CSS animation to display with graphic motion and mouse responses
  • Set to random banner item per page load or pin single
  • Count impressions and clicks
  • Create banner categories
  • Set multiple banners as slide show

banner-manager.thumb.jpg.c4a271aa048853068c1161bd565294f9.jpg

On 5/22/2019 at 6:14 PM, NadalKumar said:

A data dashboard has been added to deliver quick updates on activity within the CMSE Framework extension.

This is quite useful. To make it easier on the eye I would suggest making each one full width and allow filtration using tabs on top or the side. You can also show them all in line but full width.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, NadalKumar said:

For use of shortcodes within TinyMCE text area, there is a shortcode selector plugin which again has formatting presets and also inserts widgets and media objects (video, audio, photo gallery, social media feeds etc).

shortcode-button.jpg.30bb8c14292d999c9f56d8a0b1a95fc9.jpg

Popup window with the list of object selections.

shortcode-insert.jpg.9c615fd6aeb4c4381d816e275b3ef910.jpg

This feature still has not been added to the test site. How do you expect users to test if you don't add it? http://tinyurl.com/y6dkrx34

4 hours ago, robertfuture said:

Upon testing only 1 image is allowed to be uploaded. See http://tinyurl.com/y4s4ksxl

The image manager will upload multiple images, however only 1 image can be added per banner entry. This is normal.

The associated banner display module/widget will determine how many and in what order the the banner items are display in the front end

banner-display-widget.jpg.7cfb0c28b0cf93dce7d0b82284e93962.jpg

4 hours ago, robertfuture said:

This feature still has not been added to the test site. How do you expect users to test if you don't add it? http://tinyurl.com/y6dkrx34

True. It posed a few challenges that were tabled while other models were being completed. The TinyMce plugin needs to make database connection to gather various data to create selection lists and make it developer friendly to allow a user to add their options. Currently it works to insert objects but it's not extendable. This will soon be implemented and added to the test site.

5 hours ago, robertfuture said:

This is quite useful. To make it easier on the eye I would suggest making each one full width and allow filtration using tabs on top or the side. You can also show them all in line but full width.

The blocks are responsive. At VW 800px they are arranged vertically and fullwidth. There are some tweaks being added to make the display more distinct, like defined color title bars. We'll probably implement WHMCS methods to make them sortable, AJAX reload, minimize and close.

16 hours ago, NadalKumar said:

The image manager will upload multiple images, however only 1 image can be added per banner entry. This is normal.

The associated banner display module/widget will determine how many and in what order the the banner items are display in the front end

I get your logic now, however this is a weird and confusing setup.

4 minutes ago, robertfuture said:

I get your logic now, however this is a weird and confusing setup.

Not clear why the method is "weird and confusing". Banners are yet another post type and this is the norm for any post type, in that 1 image is entered per post instance. The difference is that the banner type is not displayed as individual pages, hence the need for an output widget which collects data and display as instructed in one or multiple positions/sidebars on one or more pages.

The below image shows  single instances of banners with separate database row ID within the same banner category. The banner display widget requests an array and output 4 as instructed. This allows the click and impression tracking function to record per banner item. The widget can select banner items from 1 or multiple categories or by specified IDs.

banners.thumb.jpg.7af0b2611ff32b330cac61eb8d2d5bef.jpg

Hi @NadalKumar

This addon looks amazing! I saw the Product Detail Page option but I'm trying to make more complex product pages so I was wondering if there are any shortcodes to add a product's properties separately to a post. (ex: shortcode for product price and/or a separate shortcode for product name)

Easily place contact forms anywhere on any page to stimulate user action. Just place a shortcode string within a post, product detail, category page or custom html widget.

[contactform="mail:websitedons.com" department="Billing,Support,Sales" labels="0"]

The email parameter is the only requirement. Disable field labels with the value 0. Create select options with a parameter of values separated by commas. The parameter's name is used for the select field label so it can be any text string eg: what do you want="Money,Food,Pleasure"

form-insert.thumb.jpg.47a14759f59dc425986746b09621b570.jpg

shortcode-insert.jpg.ca60480829b2a214522e765671e8555e.jpg

contact-form-shortcode.thumb.jpg.568157789f8712ee18e50e4046f853e6.jpg

Easily insert a dynamic javascript countdown clock to stimulate an action by users. Used to indicate day and time left before a sale or any promotion ends. Can be placed in pages or custom HTML widget.

sale-countdown.thumb.jpg.ad8b030d237c229d081a1167cb3285c0.jpg

Using the TinyMCE shortcode insert plugin to easily place the code into a post or widget

countdown-shortcode-insert.jpg.345eae0dea665c73eda1893b32dd67fb.jpg

countwod-shortcode.jpg.c262c463b4dd0a8d02524c3ebdc58f12.jpg