order template is not loading properly

Basheer

HI,

My default order template is X and in my new product group i used template Y as order template. But it is not working as needed. In product configuration page (/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=2) templae Y is loading but in other pages like cart summery(cart.php?a=view) and checkout loading template X.

Any help

that might be expected behaviour - depending on what templates X & Y actually are.

I know they're not these, but if X was Standard_cart and Y was Supreme Comparison, then Y would use X anyway after the first products page for the rest of the ordering process.

does template Y (I love how secretive you're being here 🕵️‍♂️) have all the orderform pages, or only a products.tpl page ??

Just now, Basheer said:

ha ha , I am not trying to hide anything , i just reduce the characters of the post

there isn't a bonus awarded for conciseness! ☺️

Just now, Basheer said:

Yes X = standard_cart and Y is the modified template from standard_cart. And it contains all the order form pages. 

one thought - in your Y template files, you may need to edit (nearly) all of them because they contain direct references to standard_cart (specifically in the includes), and might explain why Y is switching to X after the initial page.

as an example, in adddomain.tpl, there are three...

{include file="orderforms/standard_cart/common.tpl"}
{include file="orderforms/standard_cart/sidebar-categories.tpl"}
{include file="orderforms/standard_cart/sidebar-categories-collapsed.tpl"}

a find&replace search should allow you to replace standard_cart with Y, but failing that, you can go through each manually.

also, read the docs on customising the orderform - the extend of your changes may determine whether you need to update everything, or just the files you want to change and use standard_cart for the others.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Order_Form_Templates#Creating_a_Custom_Order_Form_Template

41 minutes ago, Basheer said:

HI Brain, I have checked all files and there is no reference to standard cart. 

i'm very surprised - zip & upload this modified version of standard_cart and i'll test it locally... and tell me which version of WHMCS you're using.

On 21/03/2019 at 06:47, Basheer said:

Please find the compressed rar file. and whmcs version:7.3.1

sadly, I can't get further than the configureproductdomain stage - possibly because I can only use Six as my theme...

https://i.imgur.com/NwieID3.png

if your changes require a Swiftmodders theme to work, then it might be worth contacting their support for help with this.