PayPal Credit

jmbronson

I was hoping to add an additional form of payment during checkout, PayPal credit. I already have PayPal as a gateway selection but was wondering about adding support for PayPal Credit. There isn't a direct PayPal Credit gateway available, at least not by that name.

If I had to guess, I would assume clients who choose PayPal from within the checkout page could select their PayPal Credit as a payment option after logging into their PayPal account, but I'm not sure if this is the case. Can anyone verify this? If this were the case, I wouldn't need to do anything more.

If not, adding PayPal Credit would be cool. PayPal has an article located here that details how to add PayPal credit to ecommerce platforms without a direct API for this functionality. The confusing part is, it goes on to say:

By utilizing PayPal Express Checkout, you can create the best possible user experience for your customers—letting them know they can make payments over time.

...and PayPal Express Checkout is listed as an available gateway within the WHMCS admin panel, but when I activate this gateway and check "show on order form", it is not added to the list of other choose-able gateways. Not sure what's going on there.

14 hours ago, jmbronson said:

PayPal has an article located here that details how to add PayPal credit to ecommerce platforms without a direct API for this functionality.

sadly, I can't read the link as I suspect its for US PayPal customers only - but on the equivalent UK site, the APIs page mentions Payflow...

Payflow - This API, which requires a monthly fee, lets you:

• Accept credit cards directly on your site.
  • Send payment details to PayPal or host a PayPal page within your own site and avoid PCI compliance requirements. PayPal will handle PCI compliance for you.
  • Handle debit and credit card payments, authorizations, captures, credit voids, advanced and basic fraud tools, PayPal payments, and PayPal Credit.

Express Checkout is mentioned on the same page, but doesn't specifically list PayPal Credit (only Payflow does)...

Express Checkout - This popular PayPal API is used for:

• Basic one-time payments.
  • Authorization & capture payments.
  • Order/authorization/capture payments.
  • Refunds.
  • Reference transactions.
  • Parallel payments.
  • Recurring Payments.
  • Search and retrieval of payment information.
  • Subscriptions with a free trial period.

there is a Payflow Pro gateway option within WHMCS...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Payflow_Pro

but I don't recall anyone here asking about PayPal Credit before, so I don't know if this is the gateway you need - Support may be able to specifically tell you and it might be quicker to open a support ticket than wait for a WHMCS support member to see this thread.

14 hours ago, jmbronson said:

but when I activate this gateway and check "show on order form", it is not added to the list of other choose-able gateways. Not sure what's going on there.

you may need to go to the product groups setup and add it as an available gateway for those products, as I don't think new gateways get automatically enabled for products... it should be available as a gateway for domain purchases without any additional changes.