Server module - LxAdmin

ddenev

Hi,

I've created a LxAdmin server module and would like to share it with the community. I spoke with Matt and he said that he may integrate it in a future version of WHMCS. Till then, here it is for you to use and test.

There are 2 config options:

1) Resource Plan - the name of the resource plan to use when creating the account

2) DNS Template - the name of the DNS template to use when creating the domain for the account

The following Server Commands are available:

1) Create - creates the client account and adds the domain to it

2) Suspend - disables the client account

3) Unsuspend - enables the client account

4) Terminate - deletes the client account

5) Change Package - changes the resource plan of the client

6) Change Password - changes the client password

To install extract the archive to modules/servers/lxadmin directory and copy JSON.php from modules/servers/hypervm to modules/servers/lxadmin. After this you'll have the lxadmin server available in the Manage Servers configuration.

If you find any bugs, please, let me know and I'll fix them.

Here is the 1.2 version of the LxAdmin module.

New features:

1) Possibility to get the Resource Plans and DNS Templates lists live from the server when configuring the product. Just activate the "Get from server" checkbox and save the product - the lists will be fetched from the server. You can then select the Resource Plan and the DNS Template and switch off "Get from server" in order to eliminate the slowdown because of the server connection.

• 5 weeks later...

hi, when I try to add lxadmin server it says:

Server Added Successfully!

The new server has been added and is now ready for use.

but then under lxadmin server type it has nothing but the tag shows. I have tried adding it twice like this. Latest WHMCS and 1.3 download of module.

Thanks.

hey,

i just setup the module in whmcs, and have a test package up thats free just to try it out.. after i get past the form 'complete order' i get this output:

Fatal Error. Got a non-object from the server: {"message":"success","result":{"plexclient___client_s_vv_p_admin":"PlexClient"},"return":"success"}

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I just tried to deploy this mod in my non modified whmcs 3.6, and has some really odd issues...

Once installed, I tried to add a LXAdmin server, and then 1/2 my server list disappeared, and could not get it to paste to the screen, until I removed the /modules/servers/lxadmin folder.

If I left the folder in place, and went to add a product, the data from the 1st few tabs all displayed on 1 screen, and the other tabs were not selectable, and the buttons at the bottom were missing.

BROWSER = IE7

WHMCS 3.6

version 1.3 from this thread

Are you sure you correctly extracted the files to modules/servers/lxadmin and copied the JSON.php file to it? What you describe is a problem with WHMCS not being able to recognize the new module. If you did not edit the files in any way then it should deploy without problems.

I am really clueless about what could be the problem. Does this happen with all your products or with new ones only? The problem you describe often happens with WHMCS in the case the page build process breaks somewhere. This could also be a DB inconsistency issue. You could put some debug output in the module php files to see whether the problem is with the module.

I upload the 3 php files to /whmcs/modules/servers/lxadmin

I go and add a new server, lxadmin is a choice, so I choose it, and populate fields, and save.

Once added, and I try to view my list of servers, and 1/2 of them are missing from the list.

Lxadmin is on the list, but no option to edit or delete it until I remove the lxadmin folder from the /modules/servers

Here is the new 1.4 version of the LxAdmin module which reflects the new LxAdmin Enterprise features. Now you are able to select the Web, Mail, MySQL, and DNS servers for your clients.

There are 4 new configurable options:

Web Server - the server where you want the web files to be installed

Mail Server - the server where you want the mailboxes to be installed

MySQL Server - the server where you want the databases to be installed

DNS Servers - the servers where you want the domains to be installed

You should update LxAdmin to the latest version before using this module in order to ensure proper operation.

Please test it and let me know if there are any problems.

lxadmin 1.4.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Don't quote me 100% on this, but the people running into problems with this module, are you running php4?

Our inhouse programmer said "parse errors on the "private" keyword which doesn't exist in php4"

Greek to me, but thought it might help someone.

Don't quote me 100% on this, but the people running into problems with this module, are you running php4?

Our inhouse programmer said "parse errors on the "private" keyword which doesn't exist in php4"

Greek to me, but thought it might help someone.

AWESOME! This resolved our issues... Apparently this is a PHP4 - PHP5 issue. Use PHP5 and you will have problems.