Capturing $vars for the hook in creating an "addon module"

Mario Augusto

I am creating an addon module, created through the "array" a custom field for the person to put information. The point is, how do I capture the $vars information inside the hook.php file that I created inside the module folder? For it is through this information that I will perform a certain action within the database.

In my case, the array field was named name "days", in the option _output I can capture it through $vars ['days'], because it is inside the same file, however when I try to use some external file, .php for example, returns me "NULL", as if the data was not coming to it.

Awaiting return.

The hooks.php (s is required) file in the directory of your module works exactly as a standard action hook placed in includes/hook. They're not different. The value of $vars depends on the specific hook point you are using.

If you need to get additional details that are not included in the hook you'll need to query db.