Add Meta Data in product

Sandbox

Hi,

I want to add the Meta Data or say extra detail in the PRODUCT during the product creation. For development use, I need extra data of the product and want to use in the /whmcs/templates/orderforms/template_name/products.tpl

Please help me to find solution for this issue :)

On 16/11/2018 at 14:33, Sandbox said:

I want to add the Meta Data or say extra detail in the PRODUCT during the product creation. For development use, I need extra data of the product and want to use in the /whmcs/templates/orderforms/template_name/products.tpl

you may have to explain more about exactly what you want to do - as from the above description, it isn't very clear... if I understand what you want to do correctly, one option might be to use Product Custom Fields to ask the user for more information during the order process.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Custom_Fields#Product_Custom_Fields

Products you create can also have custom fields added to them which are then shown to the user during the order process. This allows you to collect further information specific to an individual product. These are set when configuring a product in Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services > Edit > Custom Fields tab . Some modules require specific fields are setup and will be explained in the documentation for that module.

On 16/11/2018 at 8:03 PM, Sandbox said:

Hi,

Please help me to find solution for this issue 🙂

I want to add extra details of the product when admin creates a product. And all that extra data I want to use in the products.tpl
I don't want to take extra data from the end user on the order page or from anywhere. I want that there should be some extra fields in the product details and that details will get in used for the development purpose as for the checking conditions through that extra data.

On 19/11/2018 at 09:03, Sandbox said:

I want to add extra details of the product when admin creates a product. And all that extra data I want to use in the products.tpl

that's the bit that's *really* confusing me... you say that you want to add extra details when creating the product, but that the extra data is in products.tpl... but that's a client's page and you're not taking additional info from them, so I don't understand the relevancy of mentioning products.tpl 😕

On 19/11/2018 at 09:03, Sandbox said:

I don't want to take extra data from the end user on the order page or from anywhere. I want that there should be some extra fields in the product details and that details will get in used for the development purpose as for the checking conditions through that extra data.

then maybe you could use Product Custom Fields but make them admin only - then the client wouldn't see them, but you would have access to them in the admin area.

you may need to give a clearer example of what additional data you need to use when creating the product.