Wix and WHMCS

Hey guys.

I currently have a WHMCS installed through Cpanel (Godaddy hosting account where my domain is hosted) that we are going to use as a billing platform for a cloud solution and it is working perfectly.  I do however have a Wix website that we made as a quick solution to get a website up but have not done any DNS pointing yet so the site is till using the wix url to access it. Yes I know Wix is not the best solution but this is what we have to work with for now and will change this to Wordpress later. Now my problem is I need to create an A record in Godaddy and point it to a Wix IP and also need to create a Cname record for www and point this to a wix ip and as soon as I do this in my Godaddy DNS settings my Wix site goes live on my www.mydomain.com but my WHMCS stops working on www.mydomain.com/whmcs. If I changed the A record back to the local Godaddy IP my Wix website goes down and WHMCS works again. How can I get around this? Anyone have some ideas?

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello @Shaun Le Roux

Thank you for your post!

You will want to move your WHMCS installation to a subdomain, for example whmcs.mydomain.com.

In doing so, you can configure the correct DNS records for the subdomain to point at your GoDaddy hosting server, without it impacting your primary domain name pointing over to Wix.

I hope this helps.