PayPal billing error: IPN Handshake invalid

Hey guys,

I want to use PayPal as payment gateway on my shop but I get this error in the gateway log "IPN Handshake Invalid". I saved my API stuff in the settings and I also activated the IPN to my website, also I set the language encoding to UTF-8 on paypal :/ Have someone an idea to fix this problem? I have customers who want to pay some and PayPal worked last month... Thanks.

Best regards,

Collin.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Typically this will indicate a charset issue, but you've already seen to that. Is this happening on all payments you've attempted, or only subscriptions? Any subscriptions made with the old charset in place will need to be cancelled and re-subscribed. 

If it's happening for all payments and you've double checked the charset on both ends, I would suggest submitting a ticket to our support desk so we can take a look and get this resolved for you. 

4 hours ago, WHMCS William said:

Typically this will indicate a charset issue, but you've already seen to that. Is this happening on all payments you've attempted, or only subscriptions? Any subscriptions made with the old charset in place will need to be cancelled and re-subscribed. 

If it's happening for all payments and you've double checked the charset on both ends, I would suggest submitting a ticket to our support desk so we can take a look and get this resolved for you. 

Hey William thanks for your reply!

Yes I double checked the charset, I also changed utf-8 at WHMCS dashboard in Caps, but the problem still exist. And now I made a new invoice from my account and I also can’t pay with PayPal so it seems for all payments :/

On 7/27/2018 at 10:17 AM, Collin S. said:

Hey William thanks for your reply!

Yes I double checked the charset, I also changed utf-8 at WHMCS dashboard in Caps, but the problem still exist. And now I made a new invoice from my account and I also can’t pay with PayPal so it seems for all payments 😕

I created a ticket with the same title 🙂 (only for moderators!)