Custom Client Field on Invoice

neaweb6

Hello,

I have set up a custom client field to be shown on invoice, but I have one problem. If a client goes to their profile and changes their answer to the custom field, all invoices get updated to reflect the change. Is there a way to prevent old invoices from updating if a client changes their info in the custom field and only update future invoices?

I am using this to let clients select a non-profit organization that they would like to support. I have a few local options entered in. I also created a custom report that sums up all of the options. I'm going to use the data to make quarterly contributions to the charities based off of customer selection. I'd like the customers to be able to see what charity their invoices were applied to.

Thanks in advance!

https://docs.whmcs.com/Invoice_Tab#Store_Client_Data_Snapshot

With this option ticked, clients name, address & custom field data (for example VAT Numbers) will all be recorded and saved at the time an invoice is generated, and then both the client area and PDF invoice views will display the name/address information as it was at the time of initial creation. So even if the clients profile is edited or the billing contact changed, only future invoices will reflect those changes, existing invoices will keep their current addressee.

Once the option is enabled invoice data will start being fixed, it does not apply to invoices generated prior to being enabled.

note the last sentence! :smile2:

there's also a third-party addon, if you want to pay for another solution - https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/182