How? Remove Suggested Domains "Generating suggestions for you" Lookup with hook

cdeese8

How do I stop WHMCS 7 from Suggesting domains and "Generating suggestions for you"? I like that it does the availability check, but I only want it to check for the featured spotlight domain extensions.

I use the featured spotlight for .com, .net and .org and don't want any of the other domain extensions from being queried (availability checks). Anyone can already register 100+ different domains and I was hoping to remove some lag. It takes several seconds, sometimes 20 or 30 and loads up the WHOIS log in the WHMCS admin area too.

I was hoping maybe someone already had a hook that I could use that'll disable the domain suggestion / WHOIS queries. If you do, may you please share it? I guess I could display: none css snippet but I desire something more profesisonal.

https://developers.whmcs.com/domain-registrars/availability-checks/ (browsing this over right now, one can dream the answer is in there...)
http://mydomain.com/cart.php?a=add&domain=register
https://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Suggestions

On the configure Domains / TLD admin page, I changed Lookup Provider from NetEarth to Standard WHOIS and unselected options.

LxSH3bk.png

By only picking a few of the top level domains, suggested domains are not being loaded or looked up. The entire experience is much faster. I was hoping to not have to use the Standard WHOIS but whatever. I've was able to get the results I was looking for.

:)

Edited by cdeese8
forgot image

9 hours ago, cdeese8 said:

How do I stop WHMCS 7 from Suggesting domains and "Generating suggestions for you"? I like that it does the availability check, but I only want it to check for the featured spotlight domain extensions.

from the settings you can't... I think the APIs used by WHMCS allow for it, but WHMCS choose not to give the option to disable them in any of the lookup providers.

I was hoping maybe someone already had a hook that I could use that'll disable the domain suggestion / WHOIS queries.

they're js driven, so i'm not sure how viable a hook would be to prevent the suggestions.... you could try tweaking the js in scripts.min.js and removing the suggestion code from there... certainly, limiting the TLD lookup to specific TLDs would require a js rewrite... but just removing the output code from the template, and/or using css wouldn't prevent the lookups from occurring.

By only picking a few of the top level domains, suggested domains are not being loaded or looked up.

because they would take too long and run the lookup limit risk.

I was hoping to not have to use the Standard WHOIS but whatever. I've was able to get the results I was looking for.

if you only want to lookup com/net/org, then i'd be tempted to use Standard Whois (you'd be unlikely to hit any lookup limits)... there's no quick fix / addon to limit a lookup provider... if you're a NetEarth user, you could use the free Resellerclub-Mod Club Tools addon (as NEO is a LogicBoxes registrar)... that may have suggestion options that the default lookup provider doesn't.