Bulk TLD import

ManuelRighi

Hello,
I have WHMCS 7.4.1.

I need to bulk import many TLD and prices.
I use actually openprovider as Registrar.
I have all tld and prices as csv.

It's possible to import bulk to WHMCS ?
I see tables tbldomainpricing and tbltlds .... I can import all into these two tables ?
O rothers ?

Thanks
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

On 2/20/2018 at 13:39, ManuelRighi said:

It's possible to import bulk to WHMCS ?

possible - but there is no built-in method to import data such as domain pricing, nor do I believe are there any current generic third-party addons that do it either - there are a few that will do it for other specific registrars, but not openprovider as far as I know... Ideally, the Import Assist addon should have had an option to import via csv (and they could have defined the csv format to use), but they chose not to do so.

On 2/20/2018 at 13:39, ManuelRighi said:

I see tables tbldomainpricing and tbltlds .... I can import all into these two tables ?
Others ?

forget about tbltlds as that's just an internal list of TLDs used for the TLD categorisation on the domain matrix page in the client area... in any event, it's out of date and full of TLDs you couldn't possibly register even if you wanted to. 9_9

the only two tables that matter are one that you previously mentioned, tbldomainpricing, and the other being tblpricing - with the latter being the table that stores the prices... they're linked by the tbldomainpricing.id field equalling the tblpricing.relid value (along with the type field too).

have you tried asking openprovider if they have an import script of their own? almost certainly the answer will be no, but it might be worth asking.

if you know MySQL or the API, you could probably write an import script to do this - though unless you were 103% confident in getting it correct, I personally wouldn't risk it... the last thing you want to do is start corrupting the tables.

the usual method, which i'm sure you're probably aware of and dreading doing, is to enter them manually - however what isn't mentioned on that documentation page, is that there is a "Duplicate TLD" button that can be used when you have multiple TLDs all priced the same... so if you can sort them into similar pricing blocks in the csv, you might save some time when entering them manually into WHMCS.