Recalculate invoice when adding a line item via model

adamlundrigan

When adding or removing line items through the WHMCS admin panel the subtotal and total are automatically adjusted.

Is there a way to trigger that same recalculation when adding a new line item via the Invoice model? 

Here's an example of what I tried:

$invoice = Invoice::find(1);

$item = new Item();
// set some fields
$item->save();

$invoice->items->add($item);
$invoice->save();

...but the total isn't updated so in this case I would have to update $invoice->subtotal and $invoice->total manually.  I'd rather not re-implement that logic (especially if the invoice is taxable)

UpdateInvoice only allows setting the description, amount and taxed fields but I needed to set the related entity ID as well so I ended up doing this:

$item = new Item();
// set some fields
$item->save();

$invoice->save();

localAPI('UpdateInvoice', ['invoiceid' => $invoice->id]);

5 hours ago, adamlundrigan said:

UpdateInvoice only allows setting the description, amount and taxed fields but I needed to set the related entity ID as well so I ended up doing this:

$item = new Item();
// set some fields
$item->save();

$invoice->save();

localAPI('UpdateInvoice', ['invoiceid' => $invoice->id]);

What I meant is that you can call the API:UpdateInvoice after adding your items, just to recalculate the invoice total not to add these items through it, the same as you did in the last code I quoted above.

so my question is, did you try it already, if yes did it work or you still need help?