show domain registration options

bugster

I need to be able to remove the domain registrations options from my reseller products. I've seen that you can not just uncheck this option for reseller products although it doesn't make much sense to me to have an option that you can not change and the other product option will not work for me either.

Is there a way to edit this option out of the order process for only reseller products?

I would also like to suggest that the show domain registration options be available on all product types as an editable option. Helm Resellers don't get setup with a domain name so domain registration options is not needed.

If anyone has suggestions on how to get around this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

I guess that is correct but is seems a bit confusing to have to fill out domain registration information just to generate a username. And by the way using the domain name to generate a username is not a very good procedure. If a person order different accounts such as

jonnyhost.com

jonnyhosting.com

jonnywebhosting.com

That will generate the exact same username and will cause the last two setups to fail.

That really needs to be changed in my opinion. The user should be able to choose a username and if it is taken the user should be notified during signup so they can choose a different one.

The first 2 do generate the same username. So I guess you are wrong and wrong. I was wrong and wrong about the last one. But I believe if you do

test1.com

test2.com

test3.com

test4.com

they all generate the exact same username.

I just tested it:

Ordered jonnyhost.com and jonnyhosting.com

Both usernames were jonnyhos

Ordered test1.com and test2.com

both usernames were com

I'm using whmcs with helm so maybe that is why but it does duplicate usernames.

And as far as the setup not failing, here is the email I get.

The order placed for jonnyhosting.com has received its first payment but an error occured and the account could not be automatically setup on the server

Client ID: 0000000015

Product/Service: Gold

Domain: jonnyhosting.com

Error: -2147220278 - The username you have specified is already in use or invalid. Please type a different account number and try again.