PayPalPro US state code

PPH

We have been experiencing users paying by CC do not get any feedback and have no idea what is happening. They enter their CC info and click submit. The screen flashes and they may or may not try again.

The invoice is not marked paid while the charge does complete. The gateway log shows "error" with the following info:

ACK => SuccessWithWarning
L_ERRORCODE0 => 10751
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Invalid Data
L_LONGMESSAGE0 => There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a valid state in the billing address.

There needs to be some kind of feedback to the customer related to the transaction as they usually try again and again since all the screen does is return.

I am also concerned as there is no feedback to the customer at the time of payment. The module needs to provide feedback to the customer. Instead they get an email that tells them to try again as the payment failed and the invoice was not marked paid. This should not occur.

Won't the same situation arise for other processing errors that may cause payment to be made, but report an error with the callback? Even when a payment processes they are not greeted with a success page?

AFAIK, if the state is submited correctly, then they do get feedback that the payment was received. Since I implemented my solution, I do not see these errors anymore.

John

Really? I when I tested it myself with the 2 digit state, I was pretty sure it just flashed the screen then also. I guess I need to look again as I didn't recall getting a confirmation that the payment went through OK. Either way it should report back to the client whether it processes or not. There are possible other times it could report an error while still processing depending upon the settings for your risk controls?

That's possible. I know that when I have had charges from countries that I have setup to deny, the charges don't go through and the people know it was disapproved but they don't know why. I haven't seen a charge get denied or even go through that had the "enter a valid state error" since I fixed up all my clients states in the database.

I am sure they may be other errors that could come up. I'm sure Matt could write the code to capture them and deal with appropriately, if there were enough people using this gateway.

John

• WHMCS CEO

The transaction did not fail, it succeeded - hence no error - see "SuccessWithWarning". If it had failed, the user would see a message saying the transaction was declined and that they need to retry with alternative card details.

Matt

The transaction did not fail, it succeeded - hence no error - see "SuccessWithWarning". If it had failed, the user would see a message saying the transaction was declined and that they need to retry with alternative card details.

Matt

OK, but they contact us saying it did not go through and they get an email from WHMCS saying to try again it did not go through. So WHMCS thinks it failed?