Marketconnect SSL

badrocks

I installed the update and activated market connect. I had a client who's SSL was about to expire so I decided to use him as a guinea pig. It was my understanding that for cpanel accounts this process was supposed to be completely automated.

SSL Certificate Automation

cPanel

When ordering an SSL Certificate for a cPanel Hosting Account, WHMCS and MarketConnect fully automates the SSL provisioning process. The following actions will be performed without any manual user interaction:

SSL Purchase

CSR Generation

CSR Submission

Domain Ownership Verification

Retrieval of Issued Certificate

Installation

In some cases, such as orders for OV and EV SSL Certificates, additional steps to complete the extended validation may be required. Once all the extended validation requirements have been completed, the SSL Certificate will be recognised and installed/provisioned automatically.

I placed an order for a certificate but it is still requiring that a csr be created and I'm assuming all the rest of the manual process. It's working as described in the section

Any Other Control Panel

At this time fully automated provisioning is only supported for cPanel.

Ordering an SSL Certificate as a standalone product or as an add-on to anything other a cPanel Hosting Account will require manual input from clients to complete the provisioning process.

Upon submission and payment for an SSL Certificate order, the certificate will be provisioned and the customer will receive an email with a link to configure the certificate. They will be asked to provide a CSR and select an approver email address as part of the configuration process. The approver email will be used to validate the certificate request and the certificate issuance.

I don't see any settings to tell it that this is a cpanel account. Is this broken or not yet enabled?

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

How did you provision the SSL? For the automation to take effect, you need to add the SSL to the cPanel hosting account service as an add-on. When you do that and it is attached to the cPanel hosting, it should then be able to detect the account you want to provision it to and perform the automated steps upon the create action being triggered.

-Ed