paypal subscription question

arteryplanet

Wondering if someone could give me a idea how they handle the subscriptions when an account is upgraded... i mean.....

The client have a invoice for the current plan and wish to upgrade...i told him to pay the invoice and then use the upgrade button....ok, he paid the invoice, as he paid with paypal, it created a subscription for it, then after he requested the upgrade, the system generated another invoice for the difference and he paid that one with paypal, but was one time paypal payment that one.

Ok, at this point i had to cancel the subscription because he upgraded and the subscription do not match with the current price (after the upgrade), ok, i have canceled the paypal subscription.

The question is, i see in the subscription ID in the client profile it showing the subscription id that i have canceled, should this effect in something? i mean, should i remove it? The next period the system will generate a new paypal subscription for the new price, and this will be replaced with the current subscription ID? Just want to know if i should remove the ID of the canceled subscription or this is used for soimething else.

Thanx!

The question is, i see in the subscription ID in the client profile it showing the subscription id that i have canceled, should this effect in something? i mean, should i remove it? The next period the system will generate a new paypal subscription for the new price, and this will be replaced with the current subscription ID? Just want to know if i should remove the ID of the canceled subscription or this is used for soimething else.

Hey,

Well if the subscription is canceled and the old ID is entered for the product, WHMCS will not mark your clients account paid. You will receive the money but WHMCS will treat your client like they have not paid for their service from you.

You will need to update the subscription ID from PayPal's website (the correct one) to resolve this issue.

Hope that helps,

Adam

• WHMCS CEO
Well if the subscription is canceled and the old ID is entered for the product, WHMCS will not mark your clients account paid. You will receive the money but WHMCS will treat your client like they have not paid for their service from you.

You will need to update the subscription ID from PayPal's website (the correct one) to resolve this issue.

Not quite. If the client signs up for a new subscription, WHMCS will track it automatically, mark the invoice paid and update the subscription ID field with the new ID.

Matt