Client cancel domainname

It's being discuss several times here as i can see but i still do not understand why it is not possible that a client can cancel a domain by simply click on a button. I know about the auto-renew function but the problem is that i have not configured domainregistration automaticly with my domainprovider. So i have to cancel domainregistrations by hand on my providers website.

When my clients using the 'not auto-renew domainname', i don't know about it cause whmcs is not sending me an email when i client make that setting.

Isn't it possible by a hook that my clients seeing a button near a domainname (or in the option menu) to cancel a domainname?

cancel in what sense?

if I register a domain for a year, I can't decide to "cancel" it after 3 months and expect a refund... if I register it, it's mine for however long i've registered it for - I can decide not to renew it, I can decide not to use it, but you can't cancel it (though there may be exceptions depending on the TLD involved and how long it's been registered).

as long as you haven't enabled auto-renew with your registrar (NOT the setting in WHMCS), then you can just remove them periodically at the registrar.

I have no automatic link with my registrar so i have to manual end registration for my customers on my domain-registrar.

The problem is that when my customers are using 'not auto-renew' function, i do not get an system e-mail to not renew that specific domainname.

What i mean with the 'cancel' button is that a domain will not be renewed at the end of it's registration period. And i will receive a message from the system so that i know i have to cancel further registration at my registrar website

I have no automatic link with my registrar so i have to manual end registration for my customers on my domain-registrar.

and if you didn't, would the registrar try to auto-renew them?

The problem is that when my customers are using 'not auto-renew' function, i do not get an system e-mail to not renew that specific domainname.

that's correct - WHMCS doesn't send an email when auto-renew is disabled/enabled by the client and/or admin.

What i mean with the 'cancel' button is that a domain will not be renewed at the end of it's registration period. And i will receive a message from the system so that i know i have to cancel further registration at my registrar website

the only internal method to detect them would be to examine the activity logs (utilities -> logs -> activity log) and then filter on 'Domain Auto Renew'...

Client Disabled Domain Auto Renew - Domain ID: 11 - Domain: jhgjhgjhgjhg.com

Client Enabled Domain Auto Renew - Domain ID: 11 - Domain: jhgjhgjhgjhg.com

Admin Disabled Domain Auto Renew - Domain ID: 11 - Domain: jhgjhgjhgjhg.com

as it's being stored in the database, you could create an admin widget to show you these settings... or perhaps get a developer to write you a hook that sends an email on an auto renew setting change... but unless this is happening on a regular basis, personally i'd just periodically check the activity log.

or perhaps get a developer to write you a hook that sends an email on an auto renew setting change...

Thanks Brian, i think this is the best option for me now, however i think this should be an option in WHMCS itself.

My registrar autorenew domains so i have to cancel them 4 weeks before end date. For my clients i use 60 days, but then, yes, i have to check logfiles.

I'm pretty new here so can you advise me where to find a developer then can write such a hook? Ofcourse a paid job, no problem!

Thanks for being helpful so far! Much appreciated!

Thanks Brian, i think this is the best option for me now, however i think this should be an option in WHMCS itself.

I could give you a link to a thread from 2011 (6 years ago) where someone asked WHMCS about this - so that might give you a clue as to how slow WHMCS can be to add features. :roll:

My registrar autorenew domains so i have to cancel them 4 weeks before end date. For my clients i use 60 days, but then, yes, i have to check logfiles.

oh ok, if the registrar is auto-renewing by default then your problem makes sense... WHMCS will advise users to disable auto-renew at the registrar level, but if you don't have a choice with your registrar, I can understand why you need this feature.

I'm pretty new here so can you advise me where to find a developer then can write such a hook? Ofcourse a paid job, no problem!

no problem.

create a new post in the Service Offers & Requests forum, perhaps include a link back to this thread (as that might save you some time explaining what you want to do), and you should get some replies from developers (some might take a day or two with it being a weekend) - they might ask you to go to their site to submit the project details, while others might contact you directly by PM.

I can't see it being a big issue to solve, so it shouldn't be expensive - but remember to get the developer to react to both disabling AND enabling of auto-renew, otherwise you may start to delete domains when clients have later changed their minds. :idea:

just a thought, but another method if you wanted to do a LIVE check on which domains had auto-renew disabled, would be to use the Domains Report - now you'd need to modify it to add the appropriate field...

$filterfields = array("id"=>"ID","userid"=>"User ID","clientname"=>"Client Name","orderid"=>"Order ID","type"=>"Reg Type","domain"=>"Domain Name","firstpaymentamount"=>"First Payment Amount","recurringamount"=>"Recurring Amount","registrationperiod"=>"Registration Period","registrationdate"=>"Registration Date","expirydate"=>"Expiry Date","nextduedate"=>"Next Due Date","registrar"=>"Registrar","paymentmethod"=>"Payment Method","status"=>"Status","donotrenew"=>"Auto Renewal");

then you just need to specify a filter to check for a value of "1" (auto renewal DISABLED) and do a search - and that will give you a live list of domains currently marked as having auto renewal disabled. :idea:

ys1Zd7p.png

create a new post in the Service Offers & Requests forum, perhaps include a link back to this thread (as that might save you some time explaining what you want to do), and you should get some replies from developers (some might take a day or two with it being a weekend) - they might ask you to go to their site to submit the project details, while others might contact you directly by PM.

I can't see it being a big issue to solve, so it shouldn't be expensive - but remember to get the developer to react to both disabling AND enabling of auto-renew, otherwise you may start to delete domains when clients have later changed their minds. :idea:

Brian, thanks for being so helpful ! very kind and appreciated!

I'm going to make a post on "Service Offers & Request" and see what comes out. Ofcourse i will feedback in this thread as well.

Regarding the PHPcode.... Thats not my cup of tea, i better leave it to people who know what they do :-)

Thanks again Brian!

- - - Updated - - -

Posted question here