Need Improvement in Standard Cart Order Template

I did everything but i can see that its still showing too small and little difficult to read. I want little bigger to readable you get me.

you can make it bigger - but they'd be consequences... one being that items will start to continue onto the next line - and you won't be able to make it's div any wider...

but if you want to do it, where you had <small> and </small> before, change it to <span class="item-domain"> and </span> - if it's too big/small, then create a new custom span css in custom.css, define it's font size and use that instead.

• 1 month later...

I think it may be an issue with your server - i'm not even able to get to cart.php?gid=5 (your Dedicated Server page) without getting a server error (using your template or six) - all the other product groups seem to work fine... do you have a LOT of products in this group?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I suppose it's possible that you have so many configurable options that need to be recalculated that the server isn't fast enough to handle it quickly... perhaps removing options that don't affect the price (e.g $0.00USD) from the order summary template might help visually (though it will still do the calculations) - but I suspect it may be more of a hardware issue.

I think it may be an issue with your server - i'm not even able to get to cart.php?gid=5 (your Dedicated Server page) without getting a server error (using your template or six) - all the other product groups seem to work fine... do you have a LOT of products in this group?

I suppose it's possible that you have so many configurable options that need to be recalculated that the server isn't fast enough to handle it quickly... perhaps removing options that don't affect the price (e.g $0.00USD) from the order summary template might help visually (though it will still do the calculations) - but I suspect it may be more of a hardware issue.

Yeah i have a lot of products in it. If its hardware issue then other products should not be run also. Can you please let me know what will be the solution ?

Yeah i have a lot of products in it. If its hardware issue then other products should not be run also. Can you please let me know what will be the solution ?

all the other product groups only have 4 products in them... what i'd do is hide all the products in the Dedicated Server group apart from the first four and see if the page loads then... if so, start unhiding products until it fails again.

but I suspect these questions should be directed towards your hosting provider if it's a hardware issue - if it is, then there's little that can be done from the WHMCS side of things - unless you want to split the DS group into multiple groups each containing a maximum of 4 products.. perhaps split them by data center as I can see some products are hosted in Miami, NYC, PNJ etc.

basically, you should be able to have a lot more than 4 products per group - if you can't, then that's a server issue best addressed by someone that knows the server you're using.

also, if a product is using 14+ configurable options then it will be slow to update - i've been told privately by another user that using dropdowns might be faster than radio buttons, but I haven't tested that yet thoroughly.

all the other product groups only have 4 products in them... what i'd do is hide all the products in the Dedicated Server group apart from the first four and see if the page loads then... if so, start unhiding products until it fails again.

but I suspect these questions should be directed towards your hosting provider if it's a hardware issue - if it is, then there's little that can be done from the WHMCS side of things - unless you want to split the DS group into multiple groups each containing a maximum of 4 products.. perhaps split them by data center as I can see some products are hosted in Miami, NYC, PNJ etc.

basically, you should be able to have a lot more than 4 products per group - if you can't, then that's a server issue best addressed by someone that knows the server you're using.

also, if a product is using 14+ configurable options then it will be slow to update - i've been told privately by another user that using dropdowns might be faster than radio buttons, but I haven't tested that yet thoroughly.

Hi Brain!

I did increase max_execution_time from 30 to 1024 its working now but its taking too much time to load. Can you please tell me how can i make it faster?

I did increase max_execution_time from 30 to 1024 its working now but its taking too much time to load. Can you please tell me how can i make it faster?

there are 32 products in that group - that seems a lot to me, so you're probably going to have to split them into new multiple products groups, perhaps split by data center as I suggested earlier.

also as a test, for one of the products in this group, change the configurable option radio buttons to use dropdowns instead (via the configurable options setup page) - that should save space and be faster... at the moment, when you change a configurable option radio button, it's taking 10-15 seconds to recalculate the order summary... switching to dropdowns should make it faster.

• 1 month later...

@Brain,

Sorry for bumping the thread.

I am trying to edit configproduct file to remove RootPW, NS1, NS2 from order order page, every thing goes fine, the fields are hidden and null values are passed to the fields but when we click on continue it redirect to cart.php page with some thing like "example.com/cart.php?configure=true&i=2&billingcycle=monthly&hostname=kluiouio&rootpw=NA&ns1prefix=ns1&ns2prefix=ns2".

I cant understand whats happening, kindly help me out.

Below is my code.

<div class="field-container">

<div class="row">
                                   <div class="col-sm-6">
                                       <div class="form-group">
                                           <label for="inputHostname">{$LANG.serverhostname}</label>
                                           <input type="text" name="hostname" class="form-control" id="inputHostname" value="{$server.hostname}" placeholder="servername.yourdomain.com">
                                       </div>
                                   </div>
                                   <div class="col-sm-6">
                                       <div class="form-group">
                                           <!--label for="inputRootpw">{$LANG.serverrootpw}</label-->
                                           <input type="hidden" name="rootpw" class="form-control" id="inputRootpw" value="NA">
                                       </div>
                                   </div>  
                               </div>
                               <div class="row">
                                   <div class="col-sm-6">
                                       <div class="form-group">
                                           <!--label for="inputNs1prefix">{$LANG.serverns1prefix}</label-->
                                           <input type="hidden" name="ns1prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs1prefix" value="ns1">
                                       </div>
                                   </div>
                                   <div class="col-sm-6">
                                       <div class="form-group">
                                           <!--label for="inputNs2prefix">{$LANG.serverns2prefix}</label-->
                                           <input type="hidden" name="ns2prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs2prefix" value="ns2">
                                       </div>
                                   </div>
                               </div>

</div>

I cant understand whats happening, kindly help me out.

me neither - I just pasted the code into v7.2.2 standard_cart/configureproduct.tpl and when I pressed continue, it forwarded to the domain configuration template with no issue...

is there anything unusual with your product setup - e.g is it using a third-party addon? or are to linking to it in a specific way ??