Email Piping

ddg8176

I am not sure what I am doing wrong in setting up email piping. I believe I am following the instructions from the WHMCS manual to the letter. I have setup departments for support tickets and email addresses for each department. I have copied and pasted the email forwarder code: | php -q /home/username/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php with my real username in place of username. I sent several emails to each department's email address and the emails go through but no tickets are created. I have looked and the ticket mail import log and it is empty. I have even tried to switch to different themes in cPanel. I have not tried ticket importing using POP3 Importing yet. Any suggestions on what I should look at that I've possibily left undone???

I had the same issue, never done piping before, but it took me a while to figure it out.

| php -q /home/username/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php is what WHMCS says to put in, however i took the "|" out of the front so it looks like:

php -q /home/username/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php

Hope this helps

Okay... tickets are importing now and I am getting an automated reply back from the ticketing system but I'm also getting an email containing the following information with each reply from the ticketing system.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to | php -q /home/username/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php

generated by marketing@mydomain.com

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to | php -q /home/username/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php

generated by marketing@mydomain.com ------

PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429//etc/ixed/ixed.4.4.lin' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429//etc/ixed/ixed.4.4.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Any ideas why? Thanks!

Hey,

The error message has a PHP Warning.

PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429//etc/ixed/ixed.4.4.lin' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429//etc/ixed/ixed.4.4.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Thats your problem. Make sure your global php.ini file is not missing a line break or has a typo.

From,

Adam

Not sure how that happened... I haven't edited any PHP code. My hosting people say it's a WHMCS issue. Where would I even begin to look for the error and how would I fix it?

Hey,

Your 'hosting people' do not know what they are talking about. A PHP error is a PHP error, not a WHMCS error. You need to show them the error message (the one I posted above) as that is what is causing the problem.

It seems that their is a typo in the server's php.ini file or a missing module(s). You may want to recompile PHP or make a new php.ini to solve this issue.

If you have a custom php.ini files make sure that the paths in those are correct and not miss-spelled.

From,

Adam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am using google aps for my email. how can I acheive this?

You can't use piping or pop (due to non standard pop port used by google) with googe apps. I would suggest setting up email lists in google apps for your support departments, forwarding to an account on the server where your WHMCS is hosted. You can then set up pipes or pop there.

If you need further assistance with pop or pipe, I would suggest checking the WHMCS manual and knowledgebase first, then searching the forums, and if you still need help best to start up your own thread in the forums rather than hijacking an existing one.

This might help: http://www.whmcs.com/support.php