Possible to just sell software and not hosting with WHMCS

Phil Vessey

Question

I know the primary aim of WHMCS is to sell hosting but does anyone here have any experience of just using it to sell software downloads. I suppose most of the stuff relating to hosting can be removed using the template system. I have had a mess around with the demo on my server and it seems to work really well and im hoping it can be used just to sell software.

3 answers to this question

I know the primary aim of WHMCS is to sell hosting but does anyone here have any experience of just using it to sell software downloads. I suppose most of the stuff relating to hosting can be removed using the template system. I have had a mess around with the demo on my server and it seems to work really well and im hoping it can be used just to sell software.

Yes it could be used as a downloadable software only store. We sell a couple downloadable products with it that does not require hosting.

I use WHMCS basically for invoicing only (every customer has specific needs, budgets, and specifics, and as such, each receives a very custom invoice). I also have a few downloadable pre-made scripts that I've written, and a few clients who have decided to stay on with me for hosting their sites as well

So basically I use it for (in order of use)

1. Custom Invoicing

2. Downloadable pre-made scripts

3. Hosting

The templates have been modified to pretty much remove the hosting crap in them, and it works great for my needs :)