Domain registrar settings in WHMCS

vj135

I am on the Domain Registrar General settings in WHMCS.

(I have filled out the registrar settings though)

Can you tell me what Default nameservers i have to put in whmcs

nameservers 1 thru 4.

If i have a reseller account , would i have to put those nameservers or will i need to use any nameservers of Direct i?

Thanks

vijay

If i have a reseller account , would i have to put those nameservers or will i need to use any nameservers of Direct i?

Hi Vijay,

In your WHMCS panel you would put the nameservers that you would like your customers to inherit when they buy hosting with you.

In your Directi reseller's panel, you do not want to put anything in the nameservers field, because your WHMCS will supply the nameservers automatically.

but the radio button for ** Use Partially Branded Name Servers is already filled in - what do i do?

also do i need to fill out any payment gateway details in direct i? -- i have already done that in whmcs

thanks

Don't worry about the "Partially Branded Name Servers" my friend. Those are the nameservers applied to people buying web hosting services via the Supersite, or through the control panel. It doesn't apply to sales made via your main website.

You don't have to worry about the gateway details in Directi, either. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Enom and just had an issue with this where I filled in my own default name servers on the Domain Registration General Settings page, and also checked the "Tick this box to use the default Enom nameservers for new domain registrations" checkbox on the Registrar Settings page. It used the Enom nameservers even though on signup it showed the custom ones. I'm confused.

So am I not supposed to check the Registrar Settings checkbox when using my own name servers?

What if the user wants to use the default Enom servers instead of ours when they sign up? Don't see a way for them to know what those are or how to switch between them. In Enom's registrar Interface there's a nice radio button that allows you to choose between "your own DNS" or "ours".

• WHMCS CEO

The "Tick this box to use the default Enom nameservers for new domain registrations" under the Enom specific registrar settings is an Enom API option and will overide any nameservers specified in WHMCS. Under most circumstances, you would not want to use this option.

Matt