E-mail template condition syntax?

postcd

Hello dear readers,

when i add following condition to the "product" e-mail template (new product delivery e-mail):

{if $service_product_name eq "VPS"}You ordered a VPS{else}{/if}

then i see blank page when i attempt to send such e-mail. When i remove condition, sending works.

The product name is "128 VPS". I want to show message if product name contains (not equal) the word: VPS

My target is to show message only to ones who ordered product from group: Virtual servers (VPS)".

I Googled and read WHMCS documentation and nothing.

My idea around that was to define some variable based on the fact the ordered product is example VPS.

Currently i have following in /templates/orderforms/verticalsteps/configureproduct.tpl , inside {if $productinfo.type eq "server"}

<input type="hidden" name="ns1prefix" size="10" value="ns1" />

<input type="hidden" name="ns2prefix" size="10" value="ns2" />

in same tpl file are variables:

{$productinfo.groupname}

{$productinfo.name}

so can i:

{if $productinfo.type eq "server"}

<input type="hidden" name="ns1prefix" size="10" value="{if $productinfo.groupname eq "Virtual servers (VPS)"}ns1vps{else}ns1{/if}" />

<input type="hidden" name="ns2prefix" size="10" value="{if $productinfo.groupname eq "Virtual servers (VPS)"}ns2vps{else}ns2{/if}" />

{/if}

and based on that in e-mail template i will be able to use: {if $service_ns1 eq "ns1vps"}You ordered a VPS{else}{/if}

is that correct? or there is better way?

UPDATE: my way described above worked (allowed me to show certain text in the product welcome e-mail in case that product belong to the certain product category) PS: there is no easier way?

Edited by postcd

when i add following condition to the "product" e-mail template (new product delivery e-mail):

then i see blank page when i attempt to send such e-mail. When i remove condition, sending works.

I don't see the point of the {else} in that condition. :?:

The product name is "128 VPS". I want to show message if product name contains (not equal) the word: VPS

My target is to show message only to ones who ordered product from group: Virtual servers (VPS)".

My idea around that was to define some variable based on the fact the ordered product is example VPS.

Currently i have following in /templates/orderforms/verticalsteps/configureproduct.tpl , inside {if $productinfo.type eq "server"}

and based on that in e-mail template i will be able to use: {if $service_ns1 eq "ns1vps"}You ordered a VPS{else}{/if}

is that correct? or there is better way?

no no no - never take a Smarty variable from one template and assume it will work in another... and especially don't try to use it in an email template!

all you should need to do is use...

{if $service_product_name|strstr:"VPS"}You ordered a VPS{/if}