Feedback

digitall

As an italian user, I found various parts of the interface in need of improvement.

I propose to open source the translation files of WHMCS in a Github project called WHMCS Localization files, and link them to Transifex as an open source project (which is free).

This would allow for the community to directly contribute to translation of WHMCS, track obsolete and new strings, validation of user submitted texts, and so on.

Various projects are already using Transifex for their translations, and we personally found it very easy to contribute, much easier that GIT branching.

Another idea.

I found out that the API (both internal and external) for opening tickets is lacking features to write a proper importer from unsupported systems. We wrote an osTicket to WHMCS importer ourselves (it is in beta testing before releasing to WHMCS, as we signed an NDA we couldn't open source it) and had to write directly to the database. The features specifically needed are the ones that enable to set the date and time a ticket and his thread messages have been posted (to allow to maintain chronological data from the legacy system).

Here's another one.

As WHMCS is now auto updating, it has obvious problems with theming, as you can't change original theme files, and these ones continuously receive bug fixes and new features.

Is it possible to implement theme inheritance? That is, have the default theme structure in a location, and have the ability to have a sub-theme based on the other one, such that only if files that mimic original file and directory structure need to be created? This way if I want to customise and mantain just two files, I could create a sub theme, put there just these two files (mimicking original directory structure) and just worry about these ones.

Here's another one.

Proforma invoices: Why it is needed to manually change the invoice template to completely activate the feature? It would be more intuitive to have some Smarty logic in place that checks if the proforma setting is active.

Oh, now that it comes to mind...

More filters in the table views would be a very welcome addition.

And finally:

As obviously the mobile app would certainly receive much love from users if it could support push notifications, it could be interesting to have a more open discussion with the userbase on the implementation problems you're facing. We understand that the notifications should be generated from the server that is feeding data and these vary very much in configuration, but at least they could be bounced to you for retransmission. This could set an higher level of field: if a WHMCS installation doesn't meet the very restrictive set of features required for direct push notification support, these would need to be bounced. As for the traffic generated from bounced notifications, you currently ask for a monthly price for the app, so I think there could be some space for that. You could even develop the feature in two phases, so you first implement bounced notifications for everyone, then direct notifications for the graced ones.

Yes, I know finally means the last one, but this is the last one!

Plesk Onyx love. There are a few of interesting features for cPanel that still didn't pass trough for Plesk, we would all like to receive feature parity.

Thank you for considering these ideas, and sorry for the long post.

Edited by digitall