press button once

darub

When some customers send a ticket, they press a send button two times until three, thinking that the ticket wasn't sent, when the ticket are in the normal process to be send. Exist the ability to put a bar displaying the percentaje of the task, or hide the button?

Awaiting replies, worm regards!

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly are you trying to achieve or avoid?

Do you mean clients sending the same tickets twice? If a client hits the send ticket, the ticket is opened immediately, there is no wait time.

Its instantly, its so fast that a user can't click again, similar to how you send a form online. If they are clicking the send ticket button and it takes a while to show the success message, then I would seriously check your server as there must be something wrong or terrible slow. It should take less than 1 second, actually less once you hit the button.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean but how are your users clicking the send button 2 or 3 times?

If you mean they keep replying the same open ticket over and over again, that is also the expected behavior. There is no way in WHMCS as far as I know to avoid them from updating a ticket until you reply, just like there is no feature to avoid them from re-opening closed ticket.

Hi Yggdrasill

For example, when the customer try to send an attachment, according the internet connection when is slow, I need to prevent the customer press the button send twice.

In some cases, the client can't wait the notice that a tickets has been generated and has been sent and press the button twice.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards

Dario

Yes this can be done with JavaScript.

This is what you are looking for:

http://www.the-art-of-web.com/javascript/doublesubmit/

But I do think you must have some issue with your server. There is a reason why nobody asked this before. I never had this happen with users either. Once you hit the send button the page changes so quickly, the user has no chance to hit it again. Even on a dial up modem Internet (very slow) its less than 1 second. I would seriously advise you to check your server or installation on why its so slow if this is something happening with your users. It maybe your MySQL server that is taking a while to respond or the server, or a problem in your code. I don't think it's a speed problem with your users, what would be the chances of that? Its more likely your server or WHMCS installation that is not responding in time and so users are doing what most would do when things are slow, hit the reload button or hit the send button again.

While something like this could happen in some very weird instances, did you noticed that even this forum does not have that function either when you hit send?

Most forms don't disable the button once send because there is no need to that (browsers are clever enough to avoid it) unless the action is going to take a while. Submitting a ticket in WHMCS is not something that takes long at all. Its instant once you click the send button. Disabling the button could potentially cause other issues that could disable it by mistake and so disallowing your users from submitting the ticket as well, so you may consider if its worth to do that vs just fixing the problem with your server.

Edited by yggdrasil