[Solution to:] Domain lookup doing nothing after a search (Windows IIS)

During the installation I came up with this problem, having domain search return nothing after the search. I am going to post my case and solution at the end of this thread.

Check list:

1. Made sure server IP is whitelisted with Enom

2. Reconfigured API in domain registrar section to make sure its the correct one

3. Only kept a few tlds

4. Reconfigured who is provider to enom using defualt settings and selected .com .net .org only for lookup

5. checked whmcs logs - nothing loged there even with debug on in the module section

6. checked php logs nothing there

7. checked iis log nothing there infact the line says 200 at the end (200 means connection was successful)

8. trouble shoot CURL make sure it can connect to WHMCS on SSL also make sure you have the latest CURL CA certificate

https://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html (official link)

If all the above is done and you still have a problem, check the logs make sure the activity logs show that API calls were made and domain checking happens and that enom sends a reply. This only means that the php file on your server responsible for handling these type of calls receives the response but is not able to handle them. This is when you will need to make sure you have and outbound url rewrite rule set up.

You can refer to this link to get an idea of what iis outbound rule is.

https://www.iis.net/learn/extensions/url-rewrite-module/creating-outbound-rules-for-url-rewrite-module

<outboundRules>
   <rule name="sdf" preCondition="PHPRequest">
       <match serverVariable="RESPONSE_CONTENT_TYPE" pattern="^text/html; charset=utf-8,(.+)"/>
       <action type="Rewrite" value="{R:1}"/>
   </rule>
   <preConditions>
       <preCondition name="PHPRequest">
           <add input="{REQUEST_URI}" pattern=".*\.php"/>
       </preCondition>
   </preConditions>
</outboundRules>

After you do this you need to make sure you restart your IIS server and clear browser cache, restart your browser and try domain search again. This time it should work perfectly.

I hope you get this working for you, if you need more help while waiting for customer support, please ask me anything. I will be glad to help.