Paypal Payments Pro - Clears Card

ChuckB

I am noticing this more and more, at first I wrote it off as a user error, but it seems after each transaction that is successful, the card is cleared from the database.

I started reviewing accounts which just billed recently, and it seems to be common - is there a setting I am simply missing?

The card details are removed if they get declined.

Matt

Matt -

I did see that happen before, but I have cards that have billed perfectly, then if you go after the cron runs and bills, the card is simply gone. Money is in the paypal account, invoice is marked as paid - just the data in the credit card field is cleared.

I have one customer who is a re-occurring server customer, the system billed him without issue, however when I started noticing the cards missing and a few customers hitting issues, I reviewed a few that had processed, and low and behold, gone - not sure if there's any data I can provide you with that'd help narrow this down, but anything you can suggest/do to help is greatly appreciated.

Matt -

I am not sure how you define in the PPP module if a card has "failed" while the system reads sucessful, I know the transaction log records some various elements, and I am curious if they could play a part:

AVSCODE => N

CVV2MATCH => E

I have PayPal's control set to ignore CVV and such - could it be while the system interprets the positive ACK (ie: ACK => Success) the system also catches the errors in CVV and such and clears the card due to failure as say the second half of a conditional checking?

Not sure if that makes sense (3am - still awake) - but just a thought that maybe half the system reads it as good, then as it filters the final bits of call-back it clears the card as "failed" due to the remainder of the details.